From drop bears and Triple J’s Hottest 100, to Prime Minister Scott Morrison being told to ‘get off the grass’, this week’s Ken Behrens Quiz is one for us locals.
Make it a household challenge, or take it on as a team – warning, now updated with answers below. Don’t peek!
- Beck’s Blue, Peroni Libera and Canberra’s Heaps Normal are examples of what variety of beer?
- George Clooney, Alfonso Cuarón, and who else are the only three people to ever be nominated in six different Academy Award categories?
- Recently renamed from being the Hume Highway Cup, the Kent-Oxspring Cup is a trophy in which sport?
- The project to develop the atomic bomb was given which code name?
- Which fish is used in a California sushi roll?
- The Triple J Hottest 100 is on this weekend – what is the highest ever placing song by a Canberra band?
- Which city was Australia’s capital from 1901 to 1927?
- How much is the fine for not reporting a positive test for COVID-19 via a rapid antigen test in NSW?
- What is the only country in the world starting with Y?
- Farrokh Bulsara was the real name of which rock star?
- How many Australians won awards at this year’s Golden Globes ceremony?
- The Tri Canberra Festival is on this Saturday, 22 January. How far is the running leg in a standard triathlon?
- Kony 2012 is a groundbreaking activism short film that took YouTube by storm. From what country is Joseph Kony from?
- The National Film and Sound Archive of Australia’s new exhibition, ‘Australians & Hollywood: A Tale of Craft, Talent and Ambition’, opens this weekend. Which 1994 Australian film won an Academy Award for Best Costume Design?
- In which Canberra suburb would you find Stonehouse, Cornerstone and Casey Jones?
- Puff, shortcrust and filo are all types of what?
- The Drop Bears is the nickname of which Australian national sporting team?
- The ‘Wet Bandits’ are the baddies in which iconic Christmas movie?
- Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s HomeBuilder announcement in 2020 was hilariously interrupted because he was standing on a man’s front lawn in which NSW border locality?
- What came first: Lake Burley Griffin or the Australian National University?
1. Non-alcoholic beer
2. Walt Disney
6. High by Peking Duk (number two in 2014)
10. Freddie Mercury
11. Three (Nicole Kidman, Sarah Snook and Kodi Smit-McPhee)
14. The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
18. Home Alone
20. Australian National University