Community

Charity and fundraising auctions for the Canberra community

Ladies you’ve got some explaining to do…

By johnboy - 20 August 2012 44

CityNews has the eyebrow raising news that women in the ACT are more likely to cheat on their partners than anywhere else in Australia.

Anyone want to hazard a guess why?

What’s Your opinion?

44 Responses to
Ladies you’ve got some explaining to do…
poetix 1:48 pm 21 Aug 12

SyntaxEra said :

This is just braod heresay – I mean it’s not like we can confirm this can we?

Like phone numbers or something….?

Here you go: 1300 135 070.

SyntaxEra 1:27 pm 21 Aug 12

This is just braod heresay – I mean it’s not like we can confirm this can we?

Like phone numbers or something….?

VYBerlinaV8_is_back 12:56 pm 21 Aug 12

kakosi said :

VYBerlinaV8_is_back said :

farnarkler said :

Hey VYBerlina where are all these women in their 40’s hiding at?? I don’t see them out and about on a Saturday night.

Stuffed if I know…

I’d hazard a guess that they are smart enough to stay away from bars and clubs where most males are in some advanced state of drunken stupor 🙂

Probably. It’s been a while since I done the pubs’n’clubs Saturday night anyway.

I suspect that the resource in question could be adequately tapped using internet dating sites.

kakosi 12:45 pm 21 Aug 12

VYBerlinaV8_is_back said :

farnarkler said :

Stuffed if I know…

HenryBG 12:02 pm 21 Aug 12

Henry82 said :

> Interview 33 women
> extrapolate data to over 150,000 women
> science!

/facepalm

It’s exactly how Kinsey faked *his* sex research.

caf 11:51 am 21 Aug 12

kakosi said :

caf said :

Mordd said :

“interviewed more than 2,000 women around Australia”…. what it doesn’t say is that only 3 of the women lived in Canberra and the 58% is 2/3rd’s with a rouding error thrown in 😛 (wild speculation is best kind of speculation)

If they’ve sampled evenly across Australia, we’d expect 33 interviewees in the ACT, which would give a margin of error of at least 17%.

Still depends on the sampling technique – age, employment, etc

Right, hence why I said at least – any bias in the sampling frame would make it worse than that.

VYBerlinaV8_is_back 11:19 am 21 Aug 12

farnarkler said :

Stuffed if I know…

Henry82 11:01 am 21 Aug 12

> Interview 33 women
> extrapolate data to over 150,000 women
> science!

/facepalm

devils_advocate 8:42 am 21 Aug 12

farnarkler said :

Oh they are out. Believe me, they are out. Maybe focus less on the beer and more on keeping your eyes peeled.

rosscoact 8:11 am 21 Aug 12

Pandy said :

Foer purely research purposes, where do I meet these woman?

First buy a Penthouse magazine, go to the Forum section, all will be explained

Pandy 6:21 am 21 Aug 12

Foer purely research purposes, where do I meet these woman?

Sandman 8:59 pm 20 Aug 12

farnarkler said :

They’re all off having sex somewhere.

farnarkler 6:45 pm 20 Aug 12