Lake George Filling. Images of Canberra

johnboy 6 March 2012 35

lake george

Rich took this great picture of Lake George filling up on his phone and sent it in.

Got an image of Canberra you want to share with the world? Email it in to images@the-riotact.com .

UPDATE 06/03/12 10:40: Ben_Dover has sent in this pano:

panorama

35 Responses to Lake George Filling. Images of Canberra
JessP 11:19 am 07 Mar 12

No, no, no!

It's a lake in New Zealand :)[/quote]

I thought it was a lake in South America?

Skidbladnir 11:34 am 07 Mar 12

[quote comment="390456"][quote comment="390441"]I've heard rumours that Lake George is connected through subterranean channels with some lake in China. Anyone [/quote]

No, no, no!

It's a lake in New Zealand :)[/quote]

shauno 12:08 pm 07 Mar 12

It was caused by a fault line diverting a river way back. As my geography lessons come to mind. Possible oil finds there to depends on sediment depth. Age of the deposits are not to critical depth and source is. So imagine a nice big Jack up rig sitting there.

EvanJames 12:15 pm 07 Mar 12

[quote comment="390502"]I can't remember it lapping the edges of the road in 2000, but I do remember it was up there not long before they started duplication of the Fed Hwy, which was completed in time for the Olympic Games in Sydney.[/quote]

We had a very strong La Nina in 1998, probably the wettest year until 2011 (I remember it as wetter, actually). 2000 was an excellent snow year but I don't know if that translated to rainfall away from the alps.

Grrrr 12:59 pm 07 Mar 12

[quote comment="390517"]

I'm pretty sure it revolves around the Rand Corporation and its conspiracy, in league with both the saucer people and the reverse vampires, to steal our water supply.[/quote]

We're through the looking glass here, people!

poetix 1:05 pm 07 Mar 12

No, no, no!

It's a lake in New Zealand :)[/quote]

I thought it was a lake in South America?[/quote]

It's a lake in Africa, sillies. Hence the occasional appearance of zebra.

Thumper 1:13 pm 07 Mar 12

[quote comment="390548"]You forget Canberra's strong reptoid contingent[/quote]

Yes, interesting.

Does Canberra have a greater percentage of reptoids per 1000 head of population?

I'm guessing yes.

Thumper 1:15 pm 07 Mar 12

[quote comment="390549"][quote comment="390513"][quote comment="390456"][quote comment="390441"]I've heard rumours that Lake George is connected through subterranean channels with some lake in China. Anyone got any pics of the Chinese lake, presumably it's drying up right about now?[/quote]

No, no, no!

It's a lake in New Zealand :)[/quote]

I thought it was a lake in South America?[/quote]

It's a lake in Africa, sillies. Hence the occasional appearance of zebra.[/quote]

Good point...

Holden Caulfield 2:46 pm 07 Mar 12

Yes, interesting.

I'm guessing yes.[/quote]

No. Tasmania's rate per head is higher.

Thumper 2:56 pm 07 Mar 12

[quote comment="390598"][quote comment="390554"][quote comment="390548"]You forget Canberra's strong reptoid contingent[/quote]

Yes, interesting.

I'm guessing yes.[/quote]

No. Tasmania's rate per head is higher.[/quote]

They have more heads per head of population?

Holden Caulfield 3:22 pm 07 Mar 12

Random sample of 1000 Canberrans = 1000 heads. See where I'm going now...

Thumper 3:40 pm 07 Mar 12

It was a leading question... :)

KB1971 4:06 pm 07 Mar 12

[quote comment="390629"][quote comment="390617"]Random sample of 1000 Canberrans = 1000 heads. See where I'm going now...[/quote]

It was a leading question... :)[/quote]

Get a room you two.....

welkin31 9:52 am 08 Mar 12

Does any Rioter have a landowner friend at Lake George who keeps daily rain readings ?

Would be interested if anybody could post daily readings for say 27 Feb thru 6 March.

Thanks.

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.