I was informed today that some politician does not like walking her dogs over stepping stones and is pushing for a $250000 bridge to be put across.
The stones have been there as long as I can recall and I crossed them daily as a kid to get to school and Belconnen. Nowadays I take the dogs there as it’s the only safe spot along that stretch of the creek the dogs can safely get into the water for a swim.
Special Meeting: Stepping Stones at Latham – Proposed Replacement Bridge
Submitted by Shirley Gourgaud on Mon, 26/09/2011 – 6:55pm
Following a meeting on Wednesday 21 September at the ‘Stepping Stones‘ on Ginninderra Creek at Latham with Mr Tony Gill, RoadsACT, those there agreed that, due to the lack of consensus for any bridge, we would discuss the issues further at a public meeting.
The staff room/library at the Latham Primary School has now been booked from
6.00pm – 7.30pm,
Thursday 13 October
A draft agenda for the meeting is set out below. Please forward any alterations to me, firstname.lastname@example.org, asap so all participants can be prepared.
- Welcome and brief synopsis of the situation to date (Shirley Gourgaud) (5 min)
- Presentation of diagram of the proposed pedestrian bridge (Tony Gill) (5 min)
- Speakers for the proposal (15 min)
- Speakers against the proposal (15 min)
- Q&A session by audience of all speakers (30 min)
- Ballot (10 min)
- Refreshments/Neighbourhood Meet and Greet (15 min)
Given the time restraints, three speakers on each side of the discussion would be very manageable. The BCC will bring a laptop with overhead projector for any person wishing to give a powerpoint presentation.