Liberals and Lefty Scum

johnboy 21 February 2009 74

[First filed: February 20, 2009 @ 14:21]

The new Labor back bencher Joy Burch is up in arms that her Liberal colleague Alistair Coe has been distributing stickers at O-week featuring the slogan “Rack off lefty scum”.

She’d like to know if he and his leader Zed Seselja think she’s scum.

The Leader of the Opposition must come clean on whether he believes Canberrans who voted for Labor (or the Greens) at the last election are “lefty scum” who should “Rack off”, Member for Brindabella, Joy Burch MLA said today.

Ms Burch said she was shocked to see Liberal MLA Alistair Coe distributing unauthorised Liberal Party stickers reading “Rack off lefty scum” to ANU students at this week’s O-Week celebrations.

Ms Burch said the slogan was insulting to Canberra voters and showed contempt for the intelligence of the ACT’s student community.

Young men tempted to apply these stickers in a high spirited bout of champagne charlie-ism are advised that most of the women they’ll ever want to sleep with are lefties.

Alistair probably needs to remember that since his election he’s supposed to be a grown-up now.

UPDATED: It’s claim and counter claim with this statement from Alistair and more offensive material from the other side. Here’s what Alistair had to say:

Alistair Coe MLA, denies categorically that he handed out stickers as claimed by Joy Burch. “I did not hand out anything to anyone. Wherever the stickers came from, they did not come from me.”

“I am, however, extremely surprised by this attack by Ms Burch, as the stand she attended for the Labor party was handing out promotional items with the headline: “Don’t get F***ed at work.” [below]

“Clearly, this opportunistic attack by Ms Burch has backfired.

“I think we should leave the Uni political stunts alone and get on with the job of being MLAs.”

[Image blurred by me to protect delicate sensibilities]

ANOTHER UPDATE: Joy Burch’s office have sent in this additional note:

“It is disappointing to see Alistair Coe and the Liberals attempting to lie their way out of an embarassing situation.

“The flyer that Alistair refers to has nothing to do with the Labor Party, nor was it at the Labor stall which I attended.

74 Responses to Liberals and Lefty Scum
Spam Box Spam Box 5:14 pm 20 Feb 09

***scum should rack off! As should scum of any nature!***

Don’t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out

miz miz 5:00 pm 20 Feb 09

I quite like some kinds of lefty . . . just not the Stanhope variety! *Quandary* should I get a sticker, or not??? Am I scum if I’m a lefty, or not? How do I tell??? Aaargh!

(I feel a thesis coming on)

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 4:58 pm 20 Feb 09

I personally find ‘don’t get f-ked at work’ a bit more intellectual than ‘rack off lefty scum’. I mean, both are silly, but the former is what I’d pick if they were the only ones to choose from.

proofpositive proofpositive 4:42 pm 20 Feb 09

Jakez the ALP lefty apologist!

jakez jakez 4:35 pm 20 Feb 09

G-Fresh said :

astrojax said :

the sort of lads who indulge in such ‘charlie-ism’ surely want to sleep with each other, not girls??

Pfft it’s not ‘charlie-ism’ it’s downright serious. Left scum should rack off! As should scum of any nature!

That’s a good point actually. The sticker really only asks that lefty ‘scum’ rack off. Lefty non scum are more than welcome to hang around. It’s really only Joy Burch who has put herself and Canberrans in the scum category.

FOR SHAME!

G-Fresh G-Fresh 4:33 pm 20 Feb 09

astrojax said :

Jim Jones Jim Jones 4:31 pm 20 Feb 09

johnboy said :

mumsy wouldn’t pay for that one…

Certainly not after all that hoo-ha with the regatta down at the lake, she’s been absolutely ropable ever since that altercation with that nasty cyclist.

astrojax astrojax 4:23 pm 20 Feb 09

AngryHenry AngryHenry 4:22 pm 20 Feb 09

Depends on who your boss is. I would prefer a syphillitic bear than my manager.

Spam Box Spam Box 4:20 pm 20 Feb 09

To be honest, getting f#(ked at work was something of a highlight

johnboy johnboy 4:19 pm 20 Feb 09

mumsy wouldn’t pay for that one…

jakez jakez 4:17 pm 20 Feb 09

Squil said :

Typical conservatives… I haven’t heard “rack off” said by anyone born after 1962.

It’s because they are too pussy to say f*** off lefty scum.

AngryHenry AngryHenry 4:15 pm 20 Feb 09

Squil said :

Hearbreak High used it…

I remeber the phrase ‘rack off Drazic’ quite fondly.

Squil Squil 4:13 pm 20 Feb 09

jakez jakez 4:13 pm 20 Feb 09

Tetranitrate said :

jakez said :

The stickers were distributed by the ANU Liberal Club which is not a part of the Liberal Party.

This is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Liberal Clubs have been distributing stickers of this nature for donkeys years, and the Left and Right Labor Clubs have done the same. Students manage to see the good humour in it all and usually we get on fantastically with each other.

Even if Alistair did hand them out, frankly who gives a toss. Joy Burch is acting like a twit.

It WAS however a part of the Liberal party until last year wasn’t it?

Yes it was as you well know tetranitrate considering you were intimately involved in that issue. Don’t get me wrong, I’m perfectly comfortable with the Liberal Party being a party to such things (hypothetically of course, as I said above I find that particular sticker to be the lamest of the ones that I’ve seen).

nicejob nicejob 4:12 pm 20 Feb 09
AngryHenry AngryHenry 4:03 pm 20 Feb 09

Tetranitrate said :

Also I can’t help but think that the Labor promo items would be particularly offensive to members of the Scarlet Alliance and sex industry workers in general.

Funny! :o)

I prefer to be made love to at work!

Tetranitrate Tetranitrate 4:02 pm 20 Feb 09

Tetranitrate Tetranitrate 4:00 pm 20 Feb 09

jakez said :

It WAS however a part of the Liberal party until last year wasn’t it?

AngryHenry AngryHenry 3:58 pm 20 Feb 09

They’re both acting like twits. Our local government runs more like a three ring circus at the best of times.

The attempts from both sides at trying to make themselves relevant and appeal to normal intelligent people are laughable. I’m ashamed of the lot of them.

Out of touch wankers.