News

Working together, enriching lives

Local Public Servants star in political ad

babysunshine 9 October 2007 46

Local people have been approached in a political ad about the growth of the Public Service in Canberra.

They seen to agree that there has been significant growth, and that the Kevin Rudds promise to unleash “razor gangs” is all talk!

See anyone you know in this?

46 Responses to Local Public Servants star in political ad
astrojax astrojax 2:22 pm 11 Oct 07

chris lilley is flaunting caged avians now??? shame on him!

hingo_VRCalaisV6 hingo_VRCalaisV6 2:24 pm 11 Oct 07

Yes Heavs, I’m pretty sure its the same person. Works well with ABC’s political slant don’t you think?

barney barney 4:11 pm 13 Oct 07

“Step outside Canberra and ask people what they think of the Public Service. I’m not gonna say anything else. It’s quite plain to see. Debate it in your own mind. My mind is quite solid on the issue.”

el ......VNBerlinaV8 el ......VNBerlinaV8 6:29 pm 13 Oct 07

Fairly dense all right.

What, exactly, do people ‘outside Canberra’ know about the public service?

All I know is that I’ve worked nearly as many 12-14 hour days as a public servant as I have in the private sector.

sepi sepi 7:44 pm 13 Oct 07

The PS is not exactly homogenous either.

There are some pockets of slackness, but there are areas where everyone works really hard and never take lunch. My experience has been that the smaller the agency the harder you work, but that hasn’t always been true. Some areas in the bigger depts are really busy too.

There is the occasional time-server who does the bare minimum, but they are not the majority.

kagey kagey 11:40 am 01 Feb 11

“Video removed by user”

Copyright © 2020 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.