Hello fellow Rioters.
Canberra has a record of invention and local tech startup Hardcotton continues to take up this challenge and make an impact in the 3D printing world. We at Hardcotton have launched our Kickstarter crowdsourcing campaign for the innovative pressure controlled 3D printer called Elemental.
Hailed as one of the biggest innovations seen from the consumer side of the SLA 3D printer market, Elemental is a desktop SLA 3D printer with a difference. Like other SLA printers, Elemental utilises a laser system to cure photosensitive resins. Unlike other SLA printers though, Elemental uses a pressure control system to control resin levels when an object is being built.
Elemental achieves high quality 3D prints at an affordable price.
Elemental – key points:
- Simple design that is attractive and functional
- Multiple printing modes
- Quiet when printing and simple to use
- Minimal calibration required
- Patent pending technology
This revolutionary technology fills the gap between low-end hobbyist machines with limited resolution and high-end printers that cost tens of thousands of dollars.
- Very large build area for SLA – up to 200mm x 200mm x 200mm
- Z control accurate to 1 micron
- 24-bit XY control resolution (variable through software)
- Variable output 405nm laser
- Pressure control of layer height
Whilst Elemental will be attractive to consumers, it will also be attractive to industry and is the ideal device to sit on desks and workstations everywhere.
Naturally it would be great to receive local support. To get behind Hardcotton head to the Kickstarter page where you can pledge your support. Passing on this information to as many people as you can will also help us out tremendously.
You can also connect with Hardcotton through social media: