Locked out? Need emergency assistance? Or maybe you’d like your locks changed, or a full security system installed. Either way, you’ll need a top-quality locksmith that services the Canberra region.
With the help of your real-life experiences, we’ve put together a list of the best five locksmiths in Canberra. These companies can help you out in an urgent situation, and safeguard your home against unwelcome visitors.
If you know of a reliable locksmith, join the conversation below. Your feedback could help us make the best possible choice.
What Makes a Great Locksmith?
Most of us don’t require the services of a locksmith very often, but when we do, we want a high-quality service at a fair price.
What exactly makes the greatest locksmiths stand out from their competitors? Here’s what we think:
- Expertise. The locksmith industry is fairly niche, and requires quite a bit of expertise to perform correctly. The best locksmiths know exactly what they are doing, whether they are working with residential or commercial customers.
- Prompt. If you’ve locked yourself out of your home or office, you’ll need the help of a skilled locksmith as soon as possible. The best locksmiths in Canberra provide prompt emergency services that get you back inside sooner rather than later.
- Experience. Years and years of on-the-job experience gives the best locksmiths their edge.
- Reliable. As with all service providers, reliability is an absolute must. A good locksmith should turn up on time, every time. If they do need to cancel your appointment, they should give you plenty of notice.
- Respectful. When we hire a locksmith, we invite them into our home or commercial premises. They should treat your space with the upmost respect, and should clean up any mess their services make.
The Top 5 Canberra Locksmiths According to You
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Ran by owner John Gough who has been in the locksmith business for over 26 years, they service the entire Canberra. They can do master key systems, rekey locks, repair locks, fit keys and supply and fit deadlocks. They’ve also received some good online reviews like “We had problems with our rental house, John came ASAP, re keyed all our locks for a good price, we were very happy with his work and professionalism.” (Royale Hardin, Google).
Located in Fyshwick, they’re considered Australia’s largest 24hr emergency locksmith operating nationally with offices in most other major cities around Australia. They provide round-the-clock emergency assistance, and can also help with automotive keys and lock-outs, master key systems, school locker locks, safes and alarm systems, CCTV systems, alarm monitoring and electronic keying.
Specialising in commercial and high security installations of lock hardware, they’ve worked with various Government departments, large corporations, medium and small commercial enterprises, educational, medical and other clients, and are experienced working with electric strikes, electric locks, magna locks, access control, restricted key systems and servicing of vaults, safes and B Class containers among other things.
Based in Belconnen, they’ve been around since 1978, have a large fleet of cars that can provide 24/7 emergency assistance, and are set up to help residential, commercial and government clients. They can help with things like master keys, car keys and remotes, safes and electronic security systems. Rioter Whitepointer said “ASI Locksmiths in Belconnen are very good”, and they’ve also received loads of positive reviews on Google and Facebook.
Covering all suburbs in Canberra and surrounding regions, they do everything from safe locks, keypad door locks, replacing car keys and remotes, to mailbox locks, sliding door and window locks and rekeying and lock servicing. They also provide 24/7 emergency services. Peter said in his Google review “I found Josh extremely friendly and professional the first time he cut my car key. He was the cheapest when I needed a spare car key cut…”
Share Your Experience with Locksmiths in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you hired a locksmith in the Canberra region before?
Let us know how it went. Did they show up on time? Could they get the job done? Were they friendly and respectful? Share your experiences with others in the comments section below.