ACT Fire & Rescue are responding to reports of a house fire in Davenport Street Lyons.
Update to follow.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
Firefighters have contained the fire to the room of origin and are now working to extinguish it.
ACT Fire & Rescue has confirmed there was no home at the time.
There are three fire pumpers, breathing apparatus support crew and commander on scene.
The fire has now been extinguished. The laundry sustained fire, smoke and water damage and smoke damage to the remainder of the property.
The cause has been determined as accidental.
ACT Fire & Rescue urges the community to ensure they never leave electrical appliances unattended while not at home.