Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Chamberlains - complete legal services for business

Mawson apartment fire

By johnboy - 1 November 2012 0

Firefighters have prevented a fire from spreading through a unit complex at Mawson this afternoon.

ACT Fire & Rescue responded to an emergency triple zero (000) calls at 4:19pm to a Herd Street property.

On arrival crews discovered a fire in the kitchen of a single level unit and quickly containing it to the kitchen and extinguished it, preventing it from speading further.

Firefighters are currently ventilating the property.

A lone occupant of the unit safely self evacuated himself. He is being assessed on scene by ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paramedics for minor smoke inhalation.

The initial estimated damage bill is $20,000.

The cause has been determined as cooking left unattended on a stove. ACT Fire & Rescue reminds the community to ensure you “Don’t Stop Looking While Your Cooking”.

5:08 PM

The ACT Ambulance Service has transported one male patient to The Canberra Hospital in a stable condition with minor smoke inhalation.

5:26 PM

[Courtesy ESA]

Tags

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site