Media Whore Snubs Canberra

By bulldog 11 January 2006 28

Most of you will be aware the Channel Ten stages an annual plethora of reality garbage. Some of you may even be aware that one fo the worst of these programs is Big Brother.

Without banging on about cheap-shot publicity stunts that the vaccuous (and seemingly sexually retarded) contestants have been known to dabble in after their fifteen minutes should well and truly be over, it seems that one of them has slipped under the radar and is still being recognised for all his hard work in the house.

Some of you may remember Tim Brunero from the latest (and foulest) airing of the Channel Ten cess-pool. If you can’t bring him to mind think of the weedy wannabe-intellectual loser with a penchant for research into male masturbation techniques. Anyway, this oxygen thief is now writing at The Chaser – and I use the term ‘writing’ very loosley.

It seems Tim has just been to the fine nation of Singapore. I say ‘fine’ because you can’t do sh!t in that joint without being fined. Personal opinions and observations about Singapore aside; Tim makes an unwarranted and unfounded comparison between Singapore and Canberra.

Singapore is a cross between a hospital, a workplace and a shopping centre. The place has no soul – it’s like Canberra, but even more sterile. There is a monied middle class, but nothing that usually goes with it in the modern world. Singapore is like medieval England with more gadgets.

There is no culture, no spontaneity, no organic grit, no sophistication, no cosmopolitanism, no body politic, and no alternative ideas. But it gave me an excellent taste of what 1950’s Australia was like.

I say screw you loser – what would you do to try and make Canberra more like your beloved Newtown? If being ‘sterile’ means that there is a distinct shortage of self opinionated, psuedo-intellectual idiots like this clown-shoes, then sterile me up.

Thoughts from other players?

What’s Your opinion?

28 Responses to
Media Whore Snubs Canberra
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
Kerces 3:13 pm 12 Jan 06

and obviously I didn’t just use it…

Spitfire3 3:25 pm 12 Jan 06

I thought you did that on purpose, Kerces. I thought it was quite funny. But now I know better, it’s not funny. Not funny at all. 😛

Kerces 6:40 pm 12 Jan 06

Yes, but if you click on the button at right, and install the toolbar, Google gives the lovely people who run this wonderful site $1.

RandomGit 8:31 am 13 Jan 06

*plink plink*

benett 9:25 pm 13 Jan 06

Canberra suffers from isolation to a degree. Hey, we have alot of cafe’s…thats gotto be a good thing. Right ? Eating pompous pasta dishes makes u cultured and most of all SOPHISTICATEd.

It is ok to eat pasta dishes from abroad with the money earnt in public service roles. But when it comes to art, imagination, we suffer tremendously. I believe that the simple idea of painting the traffic boxes could be taken to other areas. We need more capacity for artistic input. Maybe we could put more emphasis on different subjects at school. However this could be a problem considering the amound of parents employed in dreery PS jobs. Let us be open to new ideas. Let us develop civic further. Let us paint the walls with colour. Let us stride for true artistic depth. Can it be done ? Is anything I said worth reading ? I have no idea…

Jane Hansard 5:09 pm 29 Jan 06

Interesting – from what I know of Tim (excellent cross-country skier etc) he would actually love the Bush Capital if he spent some time here.

Maelinar 12:38 pm 30 Jan 06

From what I know of Tim, he’s a bit of a wanker. (Pun intended).

I think to make Canberra more exciting and lovely, the local council might want to try mowing some of the grass verges that make the city look more like an african expanse than the capital of Australia.

I know it’s not art, pop culture and all the rest, but it’s one of the first things I notice about the place, and the flow on effect is enormous.