Merry Christmas Rioters

By che - 24 December 2008 28

To all our readers, Rioters, and lurkers we hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

And thanks from all of us in the RiotACT team.

What’s Your opinion?

28 Responses to
Merry Christmas Rioters
crabb 10:45 am 27 Dec 08

Ah, Cardiff – we moved there after a 18 months in Dover, where the skies were permanently hazy grey and the locals aloof. Cardiff by comparison was sunny and the people were warm and welcoming. It gets my vote! Oh, and being able to go to Cardiff Arms Park for a rugby international was an distinct advantage!

Thumper 10:20 am 27 Dec 08

I was born in Cornwall and I’m short.

But I’m not a tin miner.

Pommy bastard 10:08 am 27 Dec 08

Well done crabb, a distinct difference that not many would have made.

You lived in Cardiff for a whole year? My god, I spent a fortnight there one Sunday.

crabb 9:42 am 27 Dec 08

Ah, you’re a Welsh git, not a pommy bastard, PB?? πŸ˜‰

Oops, I just googled it and discovered “Nadelik lowen” is Cornish. Just when I was about to make short man syndrome jokes – my profound apologies! (Maybe the Cornish are short too, to work down the tin mines!). The Welsh is “nadolig llawen”. so it’s very closely related, which tripped me up. We lived in Cardiff for a year and my kids learnt Welsh in school, and it’s the only phrase I and they (faintly)remember.

Anyway, Canberra is a ghost town now – hope all of you still here can enjoy the slow pace even if you have to work, and happy new year to you all!

peter@home 10:25 pm 26 Dec 08

oh, and I forgot. Thanks very much to the Team at RiotACT. you guys are great. really made my days go faster…

peter@home 12:31 am 26 Dec 08

Overheard said :

What’s with this ‘we’ sh!t, boat man?!

boat man! great!

makes me feel better after being dragged to church at (shudder) 9.00 am this morning. at least the kids slept in…

many reasons to be grateful this year. I hope next year is as much fun for us all.

as was mentioned previously, if you are travelling, be safe. If at home, still be safe, and I will look forward to the discussions we have in the next year…

rosebud 9:32 pm 25 Dec 08

I’m so bored I could chew my own leg off to escape. But maybe I’ll chew someone else’s off instead…just for a laugh.

Gungahlin Al 8:35 pm 25 Dec 08

That would be the roasted turkey on our brand spanking barby there Miz.
And very tender it was too…mmmm.

It’s been an enjoyable year here on RA, so a great big thanks to the whole RA team – overlords and contributors alike.

Happy and safe break, and seez ya for more cutnthrust in a few days.

miz 12:13 pm 25 Dec 08

Mmm, smell that roast! Have a merry Xmas all.

Thumper 11:47 am 25 Dec 08

Saturnalia πŸ˜‰

el 11:43 am 25 Dec 08

I generally agree.

Enjoy your time off folks. Happy Summer Solstice celebrations to all!

Steady Eddie 11:00 am 25 Dec 08

Bah, Humbug!

Whatsup 9:50 am 25 Dec 08

Merry Christmas everyone. Looking forward to another entertaining year. Take Care !