Narrabundah house fire

johnboy 5 January 2013

ACT Fire & Rescue has extinguished a fire in the living room of an apartment at Gowrie Court on McIntyre Street, Narrabundah.

A nearby resident noticed smoke issuing from the ground floor apartment and telephoned Emergency Triple Zero (000) at 2.46pm.

Firefighters arrived and noticed a smoke alarm sounding. Crews evacuated five nearby tennants from the three storey building and were required to force entry to the apartment. On entry, firefighters noticed a male resident on a lounge chair asleep with a smouldering fire on the carpet. Crews quickly extinguished the fire with minimal damage.

Cause of fire was from a cigarette.

Crews have completed air monitoring and ventilation operations and will depart the scene shortly.

3:48 PM

[Courtesy ESA]


What's Your Opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top

Search across the site