I was walking through Garema court at lunch and two young-ish (30s) guys were asking passers by about what they would like to read in a new magazine about Canberra. I tried to chat with one of them to get a bit more info and here’s a few things I picked up during our brief chat:
* the new magazine will be mailed to every Canberra resident once a month (the guy said it was cheaper than you thought. Costs presumably covered by advertising)
* there will be two Walkley award winners on the editorial team
* the target age group is 25-50
* it will have a glossy cover
* they are bad researchers (they weren’t interested in engaging in a proper discussion about the magazine. All they wanted was a one word answer to “What do you want to read in this magazine?” so they could make a tally)
* this guy had never heard of the RiotACT
Does anyone know anything about it?