New Political Party – Australian Homeowners Party

AHP 1 June 2012 45

A new political party has been created called the Australian Homeowners Party (the AHP).

Details will follow shortly.

What’s Your opinion?

45 Responses to
New Political Party – Australian Homeowners Party
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
PantsMan 10:38 am 02 Jun 12

Let me guess. This party will advocate for more loose monetary policy, and more ridiculous handouts to home-owners; just to make everyone who is not a home owner worse off?

astrojax 6:27 am 02 Jun 12

so a rival ‘home renters party’ will be the rent boys?

Tetranitrate 12:35 am 02 Jun 12

devils_advocate said :

blub said :

Maybe they’ve gone to buy a home first?

Great time for it, property prices have well and truly tanked in the ACT, there are going to be some great bargains to be had in the next 6 months or so.

tanked? sort of. Bottomed? no way.
The incoming liberal government has pledged to cut 12,000 public service jobs. Good luck seeing much of an upside once that gets into gear and flows through to the rest of the Canberra economy.

Listers_Cat 11:08 pm 01 Jun 12

Jim Jones said :

devils_advocate said :

Australian Homeowners Party

from 6pm – ?

Salads and snacks provided. BYO meat and beer.

Something tells me this is one party they won’t need to call the cops over.

*snore*

Keys in the bowl toots.

Well, its getting cold, so right time of year for it…. I drive the Hyundai

drfelonious 10:22 pm 01 Jun 12

Surely this must be a jest – if ever there was a segment of Australian society that does not need any help with being looked after by politicians it is existing homeowners.

They are so well looked after that the health of the overall economy is secondary to their interests FFS.

Now if there was an End the Rorts on Housing Party we might be getting somewhere.

Myles Peterson 8:28 pm 01 Jun 12

This thread is full of win. Keyboard covered in wine spit-back.

(Not to self: don’t start a thread – again.)

p1 6:41 pm 01 Jun 12

joeyjojojuniorshabadoo said :

I’m forming the Australian Air-Breathers Party, who’s with me???

I’d want to see you policy on excluding certain people from the party’s target demographic.

Pork Hunt 6:36 pm 01 Jun 12

joeyjojojuniorshabadoo said :

I’m forming the Australian Air-Breathers Party, who’s with me???

Will you pro oxygen thieves or against?

devils_advocate 4:40 pm 01 Jun 12

blub said :

Maybe they’ve gone to buy a home first?

chewy14 4:25 pm 01 Jun 12

devils_advocate said :

Australian Homeowners Party

from 6pm – ?

Salads and snacks provided. BYO meat and beer.

Something tells me this is one party they won’t need to call the cops over.

*snore*

C’mon,

Everyone’s got one or two friends that constantly talk about real estate. Everyone hates them.

Now imagine putting a whole group of them together in the same place.

Casually mention something about falling property prices, negative gearing or baby boomers being leeches on society.

Then get a good position and watch the fireworks.

Jim Jones 4:08 pm 01 Jun 12

devils_advocate said :

Australian Homeowners Party

from 6pm – ?

Salads and snacks provided. BYO meat and beer.

Something tells me this is one party they won’t need to call the cops over.

*snore*

Keys in the bowl toots.

joeyjojojuniorshabadoo 4:02 pm 01 Jun 12

I’m forming the Australian Air-Breathers Party, who’s with me???

devils_advocate 3:43 pm 01 Jun 12

Australian Homeowners Party

from 6pm – ?

Salads and snacks provided. BYO meat and beer.

Something tells me this is one party they won’t need to call the cops over.

*snore*

VYBerlinaV8_is_back 3:29 pm 01 Jun 12

No dad, that’s not the Homer tax, that’s the Home Owners tax…

Primal 3:26 pm 01 Jun 12

blub said :

Maybe they’ve gone to buy a home first?

Odds are they got so excited with the punchy name they came up with that they put policy development on hold so they could spruik the great moniker a bit.

Duffbowl 3:11 pm 01 Jun 12

chewy14 said :

hmmmm,

so to increase their potential party membership they’ll have to offer policies that would directly harm their members financial positions?

I’d join for that reason alone. 🙂

switch 3:05 pm 01 Jun 12

Jim Jones said :

I have no time for those filthy caravanistas.

Splitters!

Deref 2:59 pm 01 Jun 12

p1 said :

pajs said :

I’m tempted to join and see if I can get their party-platform to be explictly opposed to negative gearing.

When you are looking for warm bodies to stack a branch, let me know.

Thumper said :

Obviously the Australian Motor Homes party.

Obviously.

🙂

Or the Homes and Motorists Party – shortened to Ho-Mo Party.

It works every way you do it. 🙂

blub 2:51 pm 01 Jun 12

“Details will follow shortly.”

Maybe they’ve gone to buy a home first?

p1 2:45 pm 01 Jun 12

pajs said :

When you are looking for warm bodies to stack a branch, let me know.

Thumper said :

Obviously the Australian Motor Homes party.

Obviously. 🙂

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.