New Political Party – Australian Homeowners Party

By AHP 1 June 2012 45

A new political party has been created called the Australian Homeowners Party (the AHP).

Details will follow shortly.

What’s Your opinion?

45 Responses to
New Political Party – Australian Homeowners Party
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newst
devils_advocate 9:55 am 04 Jun 12

Woody Mann-Caruso said :

Everyone’s got one or two friends that constantly talk about real estate. Everyone hates them.

My friends are by definition people that I *don’t* hate. I make the mistake of spending my social time with real-estate obsessed losers approximately once, then avoid like the plague that they are.

Woody Mann-Caruso 11:28 am 03 Jun 12

“But Canberra is different, and this boom is different, and it will never, ever end!”

welkin31 8:42 am 03 Jun 12

#36 drfelonious said – Now if there was an End the Rorts on Housing Party we might be getting somewhere.

I would like to see the unlimited capital gains tax shelter on the family home slashed.

A word about the Australian Homeowners Party (the AHP).
Not that I would ever suspect Labor of such a thing as setting up a bogus party – but it would sure be in GreenLabors interest for votes to be splintered off the Libs. Check the 2008 results. 15% of centre and right votes largely wasted.

jasmine 11:19 am 02 Jun 12

Unusual platform. I wonder if it is related to the problems of fracking where corporations can just come onto your land without permission and drill for gas. In these cases the homeowners or landowners have no rights because they do not own the subsoil only the top layer.

Duffbowl 11:08 am 02 Jun 12

As a partial homeowner, who shares the Deed to Title with a bank, and isn’t a landlord, I’m wondering how current government policy benefits me?

Alternatively, I’d like to see how the Home-o policies will benefit me?

Because it’s all about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

PantsMan 10:38 am 02 Jun 12

Let me guess. This party will advocate for more loose monetary policy, and more ridiculous handouts to home-owners; just to make everyone who is not a home owner worse off?

astrojax 6:27 am 02 Jun 12

so a rival ‘home renters party’ will be the rent boys?

Tetranitrate 12:35 am 02 Jun 12

devils_advocate said :

blub said :

Maybe they’ve gone to buy a home first?

Great time for it, property prices have well and truly tanked in the ACT, there are going to be some great bargains to be had in the next 6 months or so.

tanked? sort of. Bottomed? no way.
The incoming liberal government has pledged to cut 12,000 public service jobs. Good luck seeing much of an upside once that gets into gear and flows through to the rest of the Canberra economy.

Listers_Cat 11:08 pm 01 Jun 12

Jim Jones said :

devils_advocate said :

Australian Homeowners Party

from 6pm – ?

Salads and snacks provided. BYO meat and beer.

Something tells me this is one party they won’t need to call the cops over.

*snore*

Keys in the bowl toots.

Well, its getting cold, so right time of year for it…. I drive the Hyundai

drfelonious 10:22 pm 01 Jun 12

Surely this must be a jest – if ever there was a segment of Australian society that does not need any help with being looked after by politicians it is existing homeowners.

They are so well looked after that the health of the overall economy is secondary to their interests FFS.

Myles Peterson 8:28 pm 01 Jun 12

This thread is full of win. Keyboard covered in wine spit-back.

(Not to self: don’t start a thread – again.)

p1 6:41 pm 01 Jun 12

joeyjojojuniorshabadoo said :

I’m forming the Australian Air-Breathers Party, who’s with me???

I’d want to see you policy on excluding certain people from the party’s target demographic.

Pork Hunt 6:36 pm 01 Jun 12

joeyjojojuniorshabadoo said :

I’m forming the Australian Air-Breathers Party, who’s with me???

Will you pro oxygen thieves or against?

devils_advocate 4:40 pm 01 Jun 12

blub said :

Maybe they’ve gone to buy a home first?

chewy14 4:25 pm 01 Jun 12

devils_advocate said :

Australian Homeowners Party

from 6pm – ?

Salads and snacks provided. BYO meat and beer.

Something tells me this is one party they won’t need to call the cops over.

*snore*

C’mon,

Now imagine putting a whole group of them together in the same place.

Casually mention something about falling property prices, negative gearing or baby boomers being leeches on society.

Then get a good position and watch the fireworks.

Jim Jones 4:08 pm 01 Jun 12

devils_advocate said :

Australian Homeowners Party

from 6pm – ?

Salads and snacks provided. BYO meat and beer.

Something tells me this is one party they won’t need to call the cops over.

*snore*

Keys in the bowl toots.

joeyjojojuniorshabadoo 4:02 pm 01 Jun 12

I’m forming the Australian Air-Breathers Party, who’s with me???

devils_advocate 3:43 pm 01 Jun 12

Australian Homeowners Party

from 6pm – ?

Salads and snacks provided. BYO meat and beer.

Something tells me this is one party they won’t need to call the cops over.

*snore*

VYBerlinaV8_is_back 3:29 pm 01 Jun 12

No dad, that’s not the Homer tax, that’s the Home Owners tax…

Primal 3:26 pm 01 Jun 12

blub said :

Maybe they’ve gone to buy a home first?

Odds are they got so excited with the punchy name they came up with that they put policy development on hold so they could spruik the great moniker a bit.

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.