NSW Parking Fines for Canberra residents?

hopeful 24 May 2011 26

Does anyone know how enforcable NSW parking fines are?

My husband picked up a parking fine in Sydney in January 2011 in a car registered in my name. The fine came in the mail and he said to ignore it but now an enforcement notice has come and I’m worried that if it doesn’t get paid, my licence will be suspended or something equally as drastic will happen.

Any advice/information would be appreciated.

Thanks

26 Responses to NSW Parking Fines for Canberra residents?
hopeful 5:29 pm 24 May 11

krats said :

If I can guess the color of your hair, what do I win…?

A nice parking fine for $143

Tooks 4:05 pm 24 May 11

vg said :

Sorry, missed part of the opening. Stat Dec your husband, then tell him ‘not to worry about it’

I also missed that part. Don’t I feel like a knob *removes foot from mouth*

krats 3:58 pm 24 May 11

If I can guess the color of your hair, what do I win…?

ConanOfCooma 2:58 pm 24 May 11

I think you are all missing the point!

The OP doesn’t care about the fine, her idiot husband, or her own issues with administrative action.

She just wants to know if she tells the NSW authorities to get f***ed, will she get in trouble?

SgtSlaughter 1:14 pm 24 May 11

Send a Stat Dec straight away to NSW Gumbyment office saying your dickhead husband parked the car. that will give you another 28 days to pay from reciept of the Notice in his name, even someone on the dole could probably save up the $76 fine in 2 months

p1 12:49 pm 24 May 11

vg said :

+1 for this approach. Although you might end up driving your husband ’round after they take his licence.

vg 12:24 pm 24 May 11

Spideydog 11:39 am 24 May 11

hopeful said :

Ouch – you guys are harsh.

Yup, can be a bit of a bloodbath here sometimes …..

My advice, pay it, contest it or Stat Dec it to his name so then if he chooses not to pay, the consequences are his 🙂

hopeful 11:30 am 24 May 11

Ouch – you guys are harsh.

Sleaz274 11:26 am 24 May 11

Make him pay it, it’s called *sshole tax.

Save your money for the divorce lawyer. Have your mother open a separate account you can transfer money into as a “gift” until you need it after aforementioned divorce. Put 30% of your salary into that account until you can pack up and leave without being in financial trouble and can rent an apartment (bond, furniture, 2 month rent up front).

Pack up & leave.

Attach yourself to the next stupid loser you inadvertently come across and are attracted to even though they are a stupid bogan loser.

Repeat.

Tooks 11:16 am 24 May 11

vg said :

Grow up, take responsibility for your actions and pay your fines. Yes, they are enforceable

This. If you’re at fault, pay the fine ffs.

Spideydog 11:15 am 24 May 11

molongloid said :

I write to advise that your husband is a d***head.

😉 Gold

carnardly 11:12 am 24 May 11

why did he suggest ignoring it? What makes you two above the laws that we all have to follow?

eyeLikeCarrots 11:10 am 24 May 11

“The fine came in the mail and he said to ignore it”

Its a brave man that leaves a party ticket unpaid or unchallenged.

Does you husband like having warrants lodged for his arrest in NSW ?

molongloid 11:04 am 24 May 11

I write to advise that your husband is a d***head.

breda 11:01 am 24 May 11

The NSW government can apply to have the fine enforcement transferred to the ACT:

Best to pay it, as the amount will just keep increasing until they finally catch up with you.

The days of ignoring driving and parking penalties incurred in other jurisdictions are well and truly over.

jadie360 10:49 am 24 May 11

uummmm park legally???

cmdwedge 10:47 am 24 May 11

Did he deserve the fine? If so, pay the fine. It’s not that hard. If he didn’t deserve it, challenge it.

vg 10:43 am 24 May 11

harvyk1 10:40 am 24 May 11

They can remove your right to drive in NSW… Not such a problem if you lived in WA, big problem if you live in the ACT.

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.