ACT Fire & Rescue are currently on scene at a house fire at McLaren Crescent, Pearce.
Crews forced entry to the home to extinguish a fire in the kitchen as a result of unattended food stuff’s cooking on a stove.
A search of the premises has confirmed no-one home at time of fire.
A neighbour raised the alarm by calling Emergency Triple Zero (000) at 3.52pm.
Three fire pumpers on scene with the Breathing Apparatus Van and the specialist Hazardous Materials Unit.
Crews are conducting air monitoring and ventilation operations at the house.
Fire damage confined to the oven, stove and surrounding cupboards with smoke and heat damage to the remainder of the three bedroom house.
Estimated damage at $10,000.