ACT Fire Brigade has extinguished a small grass fire on Yamba Drive, Phillip, near the Athletic Field.
Estimated size of small grass fire 20 metres x 10 metres.
Cause of fire was from a discarded cigarette butt.
An Emergency Triple Zero (000) call was made at 1.02pm by a passer-by whose quick actions allowed the ACT Fire Brigade to extinguish the small grass fire before it grew in size.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
ACT Fire Brigade would like to remind the community to fully extinguish cigarette butts and discard in a proper manner.
1:45pm Tuesday 18 October 2011