24 October 2018

Police ask for aggravated robbery victim to come forward after Belconnen bus interchange attack

| Lachlan Roberts
Start the conversation

Police are asking for the victim of an aggravated robbery at the Belconnen bus interchange last week to come forward as police look to solve his case.

ACT Policing has arrested three people for two robberies in Belconnen last Tuesday night (16 October), but became aware of an unreported third incident which occurred the same night around 11:30 pm.

Police believe the offenders threatened their victims during these robberies to discourage them from reporting the crimes to police, but Detective Acting Station Sergeant Shane Scott said that police want to hear from the victim who is yet to come forward.

“We have already arrested three young people for two robberies, but we want to resolve the third incident,” Sergeant Scott said.

“Our investigations have revealed some details about this third robbery, and while we have no reason to believe the victim suffered any physical harm, we would like to hear from him.

“We understand it may be difficult to come forward after being threatened, but we want him to know that police are treating this matter as serious, and to reassure him that his safety and privacy will be upheld.”

The victim is urged to contact police on 131 444 or attend their nearest Police Station. Please provide reference number 6320263 and your contact details and a police officer will make contact.

Anyone else with information that could assist police should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website. Information can be provided anonymously.

Start the conversation

Daily Digest

Want the best Canberra news delivered daily? Every day we package the most popular Riotact stories and send them straight to your inbox. Sign-up now for trusted local news that will never be behind a paywall.

By submitting your email address you are agreeing to Region Group's terms and conditions and privacy policy.