- The car was located at a Queanbeyan residence this morning. From that residence, NSW Police took the 40-year-old alleged offender into custody.
2. Suspected copper scavengers have come a cropper in Symonston:
- ACT Policing is investigating the trespassing of two people at a Nikias Diamond construction site in Symonston yesterday (August 21).
The two males, a 19-year-old from Spence and a 23-year-old from Isabella Plains, were taken into custody by police for trespassing around 11:30pm after they were observed on the site by a security guard.
The two alleged offenders have been released and will be summonsed to appear before the ACT Magistrates Court at a later date.
This building site has been targeted twice over the past fortnight and has had over $25,000 in copper wiring stolen.
- About 5pm, a male victim was waiting at the bus stop on Wollongong Street, Fyshwick when a maroon Toyota Camry bearing NSW registration plates, containing three males, stopped next to him.
The alleged offender who was the driver of the vehicle yelled at the victim to hand over his cigarettes. When the victim refused the driver struck him before fleeing the area in the vehicle with the cigarettes.
The driver is described as being of Aboriginal appearance, aged 25 to 30-years-old, approximately 5’8″ (175cm) tall with a stocky build, a short haircut, a goatee beard and bushy eyebrows. He was wearing a black singlet and long shorts.
The front seat passenger is described as being male, Caucasian in appearance, aged 20 to 25-years-old, with a tall skinny build, a shaved head and a long thin face. He was wearing a grey t-shirt and appeared to have facial injuries.
The backseat passenger is described as male, aged 20 to 25-years-old, with olive complexion and long, mullet-style dark-brown/black hair.
The victim hit his head while fauling and is in TCH serious but stable. The number one reason not to go around punching people is if they fall badly you’re in much more trouble than just a punch.
5. Finally police have released pictures of ram raiders making off with a plasma TV from a sales office in Forde.
- The offenders reversed a white sedan into the front doors of the office, gaining entry to the premises around 8.40pm, stealing a plasma television from the office.
The first male is described as approximately 5’8” to 6” (173 to 183cm) tall, wearing blue tracksuit paints, a dark grey hooded jumper and white running shoes.
The second male is described as approximately 5’8” to 6” (173 to 183cm) tall, wearing blue jeans, dark blue hooded jumper and white running shoes.
As usual anyone who can help the police is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online to www.act.crimestoppers.com.au.