Recommendations for Bathroom Renovations in Canberra?

davlom 28 June 2011 45

We are looking to do a complete bathroom renovation (not just a makeover) and don’t just want to start cold calling from the paper or phone book.

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable company or tradesman (preferably who you may have used) who can undertake the whole job – from taking out the old to completing the new (tiling, plumbing, electrical etc).

Thanks in advance!

45 Responses to Recommendations for Bathroom Renovations in Canberra?
dungfungus dungfungus 10:47 am 05 May 14

In the past 30 years at several abodes in Canberra I have had two kitchen renovations, 3 bathrooms and a complete internal renovation done by Bordeaux Kitchens & Bathrooms, 8 Aroura Place, Queanbeyan, phone 6299 4642.
It’s a family business and they do most of the work themselves. The contractors they use to do the other stuff are first class. If you are bereft of ideas just tell Steve what you think you need to do and he will tell you about things that can be done that you would never have thought of. He speciality is creating new storage spaces in bathrooms, kitchens and pantries.
They don’t take any shortcuts either. Pricing is what you would expect to pay for the best job available.

Deirdre_c Deirdre_c 9:49 pm 04 May 14

Hi folks. We had a great job done by a guy that was recommended to us by a workmate. His name was john from contemporary bathrooms. I believe he doesn’t advertise and relies on referrals to get work. He had great design ideas because we needed help getting it all together. He was punctual and always showed up for appointments (you’d be amazed how many don’t!) he gave us a really competitive price and didn’t charge a mark up on the tiles we chose. What really impressed us though is the finish in our bathroom. It is top class. John arranged all the other trades too like plumber and electrician. We didn’t have to worry about anything and had a beautiful new bathroom. He can be contacted on 0450781339. I don’t think he has a website.

Donnalee81 Donnalee81 10:14 am 07 Apr 14

Thanks for all the great recommendations on this post….

Looking to get a few quotes ourselves but just having trouble tracking down a working web address for Chris from Eco-seal / Canberra Tiling and Bathrooms as well as well as Alex from Custom Sealing Services….If anyone knows their web addresses, please post!

Thanks in advance!

Basilbrush Basilbrush 11:47 am 12 Mar 14

I had our 3 bathrooms done from scratch by Anthony at ADN Builders. I am fussy and he did a fantastic job. Each stage was discussed so there was no confusion; he organised a plumber and electrician.

I love them. You are most welcome to view mine too (I live in Belconnen).

Joan_p Joan_p 12:48 pm 11 Mar 14

Oh I forgot get custom sealing services on 040727262851 or alexl1@live.com.au
Bye for now.

Joan_p Joan_p 12:47 pm 11 Mar 14

Hi all I would like to say a big thank you to the team at custom sealing services they revamped my old ex – govie for me and did an amazing job and cost no were near what we were expecting.
Thanks guys Amazing Job See You At The End Of The Year For My en – suite.

Joan monash

Merrinne Merrinne 4:14 pm 20 Feb 14

Thank you John and the friendly team for transforming my tiny 1970s “beige nightmare” into a bright and efficient bathroom/laundry. I love my large shower and improved storage.

With my budget in mind, you listened to what I needed and made great suggestions. All the work was carried out to a very high standard, with the tradies making every effort to minimise the mess and clean up as the job progressed.

When any unexpected issues arose (such as finding poorly located original pipes), I really appreciated you checking with me as to which remedy to apply.

I am very happy to recommend Purr-fect Bathrooms (0409986436) for a high quality renovation.

Merrin, Weston Creek

pet5rob pet5rob 1:14 pm 17 Dec 13

Hi
I have just had a bathroom renovation done by John Lanz from Purrfect Bathooms (0409986436). John and his team did an excellent job on turning a dowdy 70s bathroom into something very stylish. His price was very reasonable and I would highly recommend him.

sdotnet sdotnet 7:49 pm 04 Nov 13

jenny_v said :

P.S if you would like to come look at my bathroom please respond on the forum and I will email you as now I want to show it to the world.

jenny_v – I would like to take up your offer to view your bathroom, if the offer still stands?

Mollymoo1 Mollymoo1 11:21 am 16 Apr 13

You couldn’t go past Image Bathrooms – Paul was our main contact and couldn’t have been more helpful. His quote was very detailed and included everything we needed such as tiles, toilet, tapware etc etc. Paul was on site everyday to make sure everything ran smoothly and on time. Very professional attitude and workmanship. We are looking at doing our ensuite next and not even going to bother getting others around to price up. We were recommended by a friends work colleague. They are a little hard to find in “the book” – number is 62425445

jenny_v jenny_v 6:49 pm 13 Mar 13

Hi we looked at this same site (Riotact.com) and would love to say thankyou for the work we have received from Custom Sealing Services.
We had four quotes from different people when we enquired about our bathroom renovation but we chose Alex as he wanted to save us money where we wanted by re planning the bathroom on the fly but spending money where it mattered e.g shower rails and taps.
When we booked in the job with him he told us it was going to be a six week wait and was that alright.
We said that was fine and we look forward to seeing you, He rang and orginsied to come two days before he was meant to and we were fine with that.
The day the work started we were waiting for rubbish to be everywhere but it was not.
We asked the work crew if they would like to use our coffee and deck to sit on feel free, Alex responded thankyou very much but we would not use anything in your house as we like to treat your house the same as our own and I would not like cups left out or half my milk gone.
The job was amazing from first contact to the end a lot of little things you don’t think about like vanity plugs he took care of it all just asked what style I would like.
Alex contacted us every day something was not right or we would just like to know something even at 9;00 pm when I finish the gym.
The job was finished on schedule with a lot of things going wrong on many party’s but some how we are still not even sure Alex made it to work smooth.
Everything about the whole renovation was done with extreme prescience not to mention the tiller he uses Alex asked him to come from Queensland with over 30 years of tiling experience I have never seen work of that standard in magazines or anywhere.
Nothing for the whole crew was to hard and I was never charged any extras the other thing I liked about them was the fact that they would not use MDF mouldings as they said you want a quality job and we want to give it to you.
So all in all thanks for listening to my rant about them but I can not be happier and could not think of another person/crew I would recommend higher .
His contact details

alexl1@live.com.au

0407262851

Best of luck but you are in the right hands

Best wishes

Jenny V

Reno5 Reno5 9:26 pm 16 Dec 12

canberra_boy said :

I would like to say i used Custom Sealing Services as well i got his details of this site from the time i called he could not be more helpfull i asked him to do the quote, that was very well set out then i asked him to come back around another 3 times and he did every time on time.
His price was alot lower than some other people on here that quoted it and his work was GREAT.
he fixed one load bearing wall that had a lot of rot in it for a very cheap price as “he felt bad for me as it was not to be known”
Thank you for whoever put his name up here as without you i would not have found this great tradie.
His phone number is 0407262851
His website is http://www.customsealingservices.net

We just had our bathroom and ensuite renovated by Custom Sealing Services and are really pleased with the result. They were always very professional to deal with and nothing was ever too much trouble.

familydude72 familydude72 12:56 pm 06 Dec 12

We called up John from Purr-fect Bathrooms after reading a number of positive reviews on this site. We wanted to get a whole new bathroom, ensuite and separate toilet done. We also wanted to replace the old deteriorating aluminium windows.

John came out on a Saturday and discussed our needs. We were really impressed because he actually listened to our thoughts and preferences etc. before giving us some incredibly useful tips and ideas. Soon afterward, we received John’s quote. Given the level of his knowledge, experience and the attention that he gave to us, we decided that we weren’t going to contact anyone else to get a quote.

John’s quote included a breakdown of costs for each of the rooms that we wanted done and then a list of material requirements that we would need to buy from the bathroom places. The detailed measurements on this list were incredibly helpful when buying baths and vanities etc. (I highly recommend Cameron at Renovators Depot in Fyshwick – he went beyond the call of duty for us & has superior customer service skills).

John and his team were at our house almost every day over a 3 week period. This is something that our friends were envious of because a number of them had bathroom renovations drag on for months with different contractors involved. The advantage with John and his team is that they do it all and he has his own electrician and plasterer on call. His team were like a part of the family. They were all so easy to chat with and very obliging with our numerous requests. Every morning John would chat with us and give us an update on what they would be working on. They made short work of stripping the old bathrooms out in preparation to start fresh. Any surprise along the way would not phase them and they would just adapt, problem-solve and get on with the job.

The team from Purr-fect Bathrooms also had to contend with other renovations going on at our place at the same time, including the stripping and installation of a kitchen, jack-hammering of floor tiles in living areas, and brick-sawing through walls (all with the need for frequent power outages). This didn’t bother John and he actually ended up helping us by on-the-spot quoting for additional work that pretty much needed to be done that day to do with other areas of the house.

At the end of the day it is obvious that John and his team enjoy their work. They turn up happy and the final product reflects a real pride in their work. When the shower manufacturer turned up to install our new screen, he asked us who had done our bathroom because he thought that the tiling job was of a very high quality. My only regret is that I didn’t speak with John before organising other building related work around the house because he could have done most of the other things. If we ever need any bathroom renovation work (or any renovation work for that matter) in the future, I will definitely be calling John.

hawk1 hawk1 12:25 am 08 Jul 12

canberra_boy said :

His phone number is 0407262851
His website is http://www.customsealingservices.net

I would like to comment that I was very disappointed with custom sealing services. I rang for a quote which was organised for an time convenient to both of us. I might add, that I did require taking time off to be at home for the quote but the guy did not turn up for the appointment. No phone call either to state that he was running late, etc. I tried to ring him on two occasions, even left a message but received no reply back.
Subsequently, my partner talked me into getting in contact with John from Purr-fect Bathrooms (a contact that he found). We have been very happy with his experience and work ethics. John has gone well out of his way to accommodate our needs in every respect. He finished our bathroom last week and his quality and ethics were everything that was previously discussed on this riotact site. Our bathroom start to finish took 10 days to complete and we are so happy with the outcome. He also fixed our front door which had been sticking for some time, at no extra cost. We also asked John to remove a load bearing post which was situated in the middle of our garage making it virtually impossible for me to park my car in the garage. Now I have no problems parking my new car and we can install some decent electric roller doors for protection. We will definitely use John again when we have our finances ready, to renovate our ensuite and laundry.

canberra_boy canberra_boy 10:53 pm 03 Jul 12

His phone number is 0407262851
His website is http://www.customsealingservices.net

showers showers 4:53 pm 23 Jun 12

I recently had John from Purr-fect Bathrooms renovate my bathroom and toilet. I am very happy with both his work and his professional approach to the job. He came to quote at the agreed time and promptly provided a detailed quote setting out the work to be done, the costs, the time it would take and suggestions where to look for fittings. He and his team are most polite and cheery – they even sing on the job. Each day they left the site clean and tidy and cleaned up on completion, removing all rubbish. The people who came to install the shower screen after the tiling was finished, commented on what a good job it was. I highly recommend John on his work, professionalism and his price.
He even fixed my toilet in the ensuite from dripping for no extra costing involved.

enigma30 enigma30 8:07 pm 15 Jun 12

melsa said :

la_psyche said :

I highly, highly recommend Chris from Canberra Tiling & Bathrooms. He gives obligation free quotes if you want to get an idea of pricing first. His number is 0406 426 366.

We had some serious bathroom problems due to shoddy workmanship by the builder’s subcontractors, which led to non-bathroom problems, including leaking through the ceilings below the bathrooms. Chris fixed everything – ie not just the bathrooms, he also replastered and repainted the ceiling – and even fixed our back door lock! Really nice guy that does really good work.

I second this reccomendation. Chris Pittaway from eco seal (new company name) is absolutely fantastic. You can contact him directly on 0406 426 366.

We had a really shocking builder – our bathrooms have been re-done 3 times (on a 2 year old house!). Third time is a charm, obviously when we pay and choose the tradesman.

Chris completely gutted both our bathroom and ensuite, re-sealed, tiled and fitted everything. The process was painless, well priced and very fast. We are so pleased with how our bathrooms turned out. Chris is a very honest and reliable tradesman (very hard to find in Canberra!) and we will use him again in the future for anything bathroom related!

I would also recommend Chris. He did our bathroom and laundry renovation about 12 months ago and it is absolutely perfect! I coudn’t be happier with the quality of the work he did, and how easy the process was. I am very very fussy and nothing was too much to ask. He can do a whole lot of extra stuff too – he tiled our entry way, installed a door (complete with dog door), and even put up a blind. As the others have said, he is a really nice and honest guy too.

I would have no hesitation is recommending Chris and I would definitely use him again.His number is 0406 426 366.

marcus1 marcus1 7:14 pm 12 Jun 12

John from Purr-fect bathrooms, http://www.purr-fectbathrooms.com.au

marcus1 marcus1 3:25 pm 08 Jun 12

My partner and I also used John from Purr-fect bathrooms and were certainly not disappointed in any way. He spent a long time with us finding out exactly what we wanted when he came for the quote, listening to all of our suggestions and giving some of his own. His knowledge is widespread. His work was exceptional, in all aspects. He was in contact with us every day going through things with us. We highly recommend him. ph: 0409986436. I checked on the web, his site is “coming soon”.

frank2112 frank2112 9:43 am 19 May 12

Another vote for Graham at Quality Budget Renovations. did ours about 6 months ago and couldn’t be happier. Oversaw the whole project and was very organised. All of the other tradesman required turned up on time and got their part of the reno done promptly so the next part could happen.

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.