recommendations for third party advice

astrojax 26 April 2009 29

I’ve been quiet on this forum for the past week having been a stationary cyclist collected by a moving car last monday evening – my only foray onto the roads in a cyclepath trip home from near the gallery, so don’t go there…

As a consequence I have a lot of blurred vision (apologies now for the typos to come), a bit of bark off on knees, hips, head and stuff, and nine fractured ribs (twelve fractures in all) – ouch.

Just out of hospital this afternoon…anyway, not here to discuss the incident [as anyway i have no recollection and above ‘facts’ come from hospital and police advice] but rather just to see if anyone has enjoyed some good experiences with third party solicitors in the recent past they might care to recommend.

Shan’t be up to reading replies closely for a while (reading – looking at anything – is hard with this blurred vision) but would be keen to hear of your experiences.

29 Responses to recommendations for third party advice
VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy 7:57 am 27 Apr 09

Astro – get well soon mate. Oh, and if a lawyer tries to screw you, you know where to post your rant…

astrojax astrojax 7:40 am 27 Apr 09

hey nosey, thanks the clear-up; in my woozy fraile state imissed the tongue and the cheek! cheers!

i-filed, thanks too – the neuro team did a couple of cat scans and there are a couple miniscule clots on thefrotal cortex but they don’t have concerns re them – they have asked me back in if vision issues continue for eye clinic tests, so they seemed ok on the head hit – but note concern and will likely follow specialist route of – as the ads say – pain persists!

cheers all the recommendations…. (mebbe today granny?)

Special G Special G 7:39 am 27 Apr 09

If you can get your head around it do the claim yourself. With a bit of research you can do a better claim than the solicitors anyway. They are a bit conveyor belt style and don’t really care about your injuries whereas you do.

Also the fee they charge you at the end you may as well take yourself to uni and complete a law degree before putting in the claim.

Granny Granny 2:44 am 27 Apr 09

That would be really good, Astro!

: )

slack1 slack1 11:52 pm 26 Apr 09

Be aware that the ‘no win no fee’ does not mean you are not going to pay a lot of expensive doctors (chosen by your legal people). One report in my case was a $2000 report which we found out later was a verbal one (perhaps a chat at a cafe?) and no use to us when the law firm became disinterested in the case. Nor does it mean you won’t have to pay the legal fees of the other party if they win. Ask lots of questions.

I-filed I-filed 10:12 pm 26 Apr 09

Astro, look after yourself. How carefully did the hospital investigate your head injury? RCH has been known to under-investigate. About four years ago a dude thought he was OK after a cycle injury and wasn’t. Please go to a private specialist and don’t rely on the hospital (though I endorse their services totally in most situations … )

Genie Genie 10:03 pm 26 Apr 09

Astro,

I am currently dealing with the guys at Stacks/Snedden Hall and Gallop… yet to have issues with them, but also yet to have my claim settled as my injuries are still persistent. But I do suggest calling around a few.. most have no win/no fee deal.

All the best mate… Hope your feeling better and back on your feet soon.

bigred bigred 9:48 pm 26 Apr 09

Ouch!!! Did the driver cop a neg driving or similar charge?

Nosey Nosey 9:07 pm 26 Apr 09

While I am still feeling a tad stupid I would like to add that I also hope the person/s who caused your damage did in fact stop to assist.

About two years ago a friend was hit while on her bike and she subsequently suffered some nasty, albeit non life threatening injuries.

The driver did not stop and she was left to assist herself.

She no longer rides and does not seem interested in ever riding again.

While I am all for you claiming compensation, my main hope is that you get back on the bike ASAP.

Good luck.

Nosey Nosey 8:56 pm 26 Apr 09

No.. not now.

Again…sorry.

Nosey Nosey 8:55 pm 26 Apr 09

Unfortunately my comment was not taken as tongue in cheek.

In now way as a fellow cyclist would I want anyone to meet harm in any way.

Apologies for not being crystal clear with my stupidly inconsiderate and unfunny comment.

I thought with the regularity of astrojax’s history of comments it would have been taken in jest.

che che 8:27 pm 26 Apr 09

there are lots of solicitors who do personal injury stuff or negligence as “no win, no fee” so look them up and give them a go

Thumper Thumper 8:01 pm 26 Apr 09

Geez, get well asap….

Sgt.Bungers Sgt.Bungers 7:40 pm 26 Apr 09

Sorry to hear about the crash. I hope the driver was brave enough to stop and assist?

You need to see a personal injury solicitor ASAP. David Chen from EBA Lawyers is someone I used to work with, he’s very good.

astrojax astrojax 7:31 pm 26 Apr 09

good on ya nosey, the riot has lost none of its inanity then..

ta the kind words all other – shall give you a call granny and say more in person – very sweet ; )

Deckard Deckard 7:18 pm 26 Apr 09

I was sure that Nosey must have been a friend of Astrojax and was just taking the p*ss.

If Nosey isn’t then ?!?!? I’m lost for words!!

Sounds like rotten luck astrojax. Hope you make a full recovery.

Granny Granny 7:09 pm 26 Apr 09

swamiOFswank said :

Sheesh, pull your head in, Nosey.

swamiOFswank swamiOFswank 7:06 pm 26 Apr 09

Sheesh, pull your head in, Nosey.

All the best for a 100% recovery Astro.

Nosey Nosey 6:09 pm 26 Apr 09

Just out of hospital this afternoon…anyway, not here to discuss the incident…….

Then why nearly three paragraphs to begin with?

Granny Granny 4:43 pm 26 Apr 09

Astro, don’t have any recommendations but just had to say how glad I am that you’re still in the world and to let you know I’ll be thinking of you. Are you going to be ok for shopping, meals, etc? I can be contacted on 0414 880 784 if you need a little help from your friends. Get well, ok?

Love,