Rental free rooms in exchange for sex?

OzChick 17 February 2009 103

[First filed: February 16, 2009 @ 09:40]

I came across this (http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,27753,25056894-5013951,00.html) article which reports that there have been ads listed for rent free properties in exchange for a relationship and/or sex.

It stated, “A similar ad on flatmates.com.au read: “$0 to share flat, wanted flatmate/girlfriend to share unit in Griffith, ACT.”

Is this the result of the rental crisis or is this another avenue of singles to hook up?? Desperate times calling for desperate measures?

UPDATED: Many thanks to poptop for finding us Greg of Ragless Circuit in Kambah.

Greg is a 49 year old who would like to offer a 16-99 year old non-smoker a cash-free room:

Free accomodation in exchange for some regular intimate contact. Own room and bathroom and use of all facilities

ANOTHER UPDATE: Thanks to the miracle of Google’s Street View we can tour Ragless Circuit from our desktops and try to guess which house is Greg’s!

View Larger Map

103 Responses to Rental free rooms in exchange for sex?
Granny Granny 10:08 pm 17 Feb 09

How very odd! Well, I shouldn’t really vote since I can’t tell a scarab from a dung beetle, but I’ll go with poptop on this.

SheepGroper SheepGroper 9:55 pm 17 Feb 09

peterh said :

3 sheep out the front of the carpark

Five sheep, there must have been a couple of lambings since you looked at them last.

poptop poptop 3:53 pm 17 Feb 09

peterh said :

I think that you will find that they are “christmas” beetles, and are the same as the black beetles that burrow into your lawn and then kill it. no dung involved. There are also bogong moths, 3 sheep out the front of the carpark, and a sheep dog sitting on a sheep in the centre itself. Beats the hell out of black pole with orange flailing arms, or painted koppers logs with rocks. Kambah got off lightly. the rest of canberra will be decorated with lavish artworks, but we have ours….

I believe them to be scarab beetles, not Christmas beetles.

Here’s a link to my ancient slide show of sheep, beetles and dog in Kambah. Let the people decide!

peterh peterh 3:39 pm 17 Feb 09

p1 said :

You’re just jelous because you don’t have a crate man

or the parcel in moore street?

I will stick to moths, bugs, sheep and a dog, thanks.

peterh peterh 2:16 pm 17 Feb 09

poptop said :

PS – I prefer the dung beetles to “Greg” of Ragless Circuit.

Trev Fincham Trev Fincham 1:03 pm 17 Feb 09

16 – 99 years old?

It would serve him right if a 90+ year old rocked up for the room..

Good old Kambah..

Granny Granny 12:42 pm 17 Feb 09

*lol* Me too!

poptop poptop 12:37 pm 17 Feb 09

PS – I prefer the dung beetles to “Greg” of Ragless Circuit.

poptop poptop 12:36 pm 17 Feb 09

I live in Kambah and scarabs ARE dung beetles, Granny.

The Egyptians had the Sacred Scarab pushing the great dung orb of the sun and burying it underground each night.

Granny Granny 12:17 pm 17 Feb 09

Well, then I love dung beetles! No odder than sculpting sheep I suppose.

Skidbladnir Skidbladnir 12:14 pm 17 Feb 09

Dung beetles are the reason you can eat outside here in Canberra, and not have your bruschetta covered in blowflies.

Granny Granny 12:12 pm 17 Feb 09

Why would they choose dung beetles? How odd. Maybe they’re meant to be scarabs or somesuch. Are you sure they’re dung beetles?? I’d be a bit offended if I were a Kambahite. I suppose I should be grateful we just got giant spikes emerging from the ground in Gungahlin ….

poptop poptop 11:53 am 17 Feb 09

Rilly. I have photos.

Sheep, dung beetles (bronze mainly and a enormous granite one) and a drover’s dog.

The sheep are best; as they get decorated for major festivals.

Granny Granny 11:37 am 17 Feb 09

Dung beetles?

poptop poptop 11:32 am 17 Feb 09

Be rude about us, but leave our sheep alone!

Would you believe the Kambah shopping village is full of bronze dung beetles?

p1 p1 10:32 am 17 Feb 09

Hahahaha sex in exchange to live in Kambah hahaha.

I would understand sex in exchange for not having to live in Kambah.

Pommy bastard Pommy bastard 10:04 am 17 Feb 09

p1 said :

Interestingly, Greg specifies Female, but isn’t worried about orientation.

Horizontal preferred surely?

johnboy johnboy 10:02 am 17 Feb 09

Sallyjones said :

Hahahaha sex in exchange to live in Kambah hahaha.

Oh dear.

indeed.

Sallyjones Sallyjones 9:52 am 17 Feb 09

Hahahaha sex in exchange to live in Kambah hahaha.

Oh dear.