RF Problems in Gungahlin

cashman180 25 June 2010 27

So this is going to be one of those posts where you will think I am a crack-pot…but…

Is anyone else having problems with RF remotes in Gungahlin, This morning I went to the market place and when I went to hop back in my car (a new Mitsubishi Lancer) the remote for my car didn’t work. The woman parked next to me had the same problem (we chuckled, decided that remotes were silly devices and used our keys instead). I got back to my home and went to get my spare key. As i tried to exit through my garage my remote for that door didn’t work either. I walked around the long way and tried my spare car key… Still no luck.

I asked my sister who I live with if she could try her car (a brand new Toyota Kluger) – her remote didn’t work neither did her spare key.

I ducked next door to ask if they had any problems, their car (a late model Ford) worked ok but their garage remote doesn’t work either.

Any one else want to duck outside their Gungahlin home and give it a whirl because this has me stumped… I am getting concerned that their is some major RF intereference and I should have tin foil on my head!

Tags

27 Responses to RF Problems in Gungahlin
WonderfulWorld WonderfulWorld 10:33 pm 25 Jun 10

I guess your no longer a crack pot then.

Gerry-Built Gerry-Built 10:33 pm 25 Jun 10

Swing away…

bd84 bd84 10:28 pm 25 Jun 10

phototext said :

The result of having a ranga as PM.

The result of having a woman as a PM! They can’t work electrical equipment.

Anyway, the most common reason is from high voltage electricity wires or television transmitters interfering with the frequencies under or around the local area around them. From memory there are instructions in most car manuals as to how to deal with it, such as trying to unlock from as close to the sensor position as possible, or indeed using the key.

Your car was in both locations when things didn’t work so you could be driving a electromagnetic hazard on wheels, you should definately put the tin foil hat on.

Pork Hunt Pork Hunt 5:46 pm 25 Jun 10

Funky1 said :

I’ve actually tried this (in a dark car park so no one thought I was an idiot) and it actually worked.

You are an idiot… 🙂

PBO said :

hmmm, badly shielded underground hi-power cables overlapping each other might cause a localised electromagnetic field which might have some effect on small RF transmitters. And being a new area one would expect that all the issues are far from ironed out.

Wouldn’t it happen all the time then?

mirage3 mirage3 4:09 pm 25 Jun 10

I saw some black(hawk) choppers flying over there this morning.

PBO PBO 3:30 pm 25 Jun 10

amarooresident3 amarooresident3 3:18 pm 25 Jun 10

I wouldn’t recommend wearing a tinfoil hat. It’s likely to magnify the problem, or cook your brain.

Then there will be zombies.

switch switch 3:14 pm 25 Jun 10

The cold weather now is probably killing the batteries in a lot of remotes simultaneously.

phototext phototext 3:13 pm 25 Jun 10

The result of having a ranga as PM.

Hosinator Hosinator 2:50 pm 25 Jun 10

Someone playing Modern Warfare2 multiplayer set of an EMP device (Electromagnetic Pulse).

grundy grundy 2:35 pm 25 Jun 10

Similar behaviour has been seen all over the world.
Plenty of stories on it. 🙂

ConanOfCooma ConanOfCooma 2:34 pm 25 Jun 10

troll-sniffer said :

Have you chercked to see if a Reiki practitioner has moved into the area and is sucking all your RF energy into their Reiki account so they don’t have to pay for the expensive ‘genuine’ energy?

Good point, worth investigating. Shifty reiki weilding buggers.

troll-sniffer troll-sniffer 1:47 pm 25 Jun 10

Rawhide Kid No 2 Rawhide Kid No 2 1:29 pm 25 Jun 10

Could be Solar flare activity.

Wraith Wraith 12:51 pm 25 Jun 10

Aurelius said :

Proving once again that Gungahlin is home to all sorts of alien manifestations.

Black Hole

Funky1 Funky1 12:24 pm 25 Jun 10

I bet none of you were wearing your tinfoil hats. 🙂

In a related issue, did anyone see the episode of Top Gear were Clarkson tried to open a car with an RF remote from a fair distance away from the car and it didn’t work, yet when he put the remote up to his skull and tried it, the car responded!

Aurelius Aurelius 11:51 am 25 Jun 10

Proving once again that Gungahlin is home to all sorts of alien manifestations.

DeadlySchnauzer DeadlySchnauzer 11:38 am 25 Jun 10

If you go to the top of Mount Wellington in Tassie exactly the same thing happens (they have warning signs to lock your car manually), because there is a bunch of broadcast towers up there bathing the immediate area in strong RF signals.

Its slightly scary that the same thing could be happening in a residential area.

mark karlson mark karlson 11:32 am 25 Jun 10

Hi cashman,
I live in Gunghalin and had no problems with my car or automatic garage door when leaving for work around 8.30 this morning. Are you in the middle of Gunghalin?

dannybear dannybear 11:24 am 25 Jun 10

must be pretty strong…up at telstra tower the are signs saying that the car keyless entry systems dont work up there