RiotGEAR, Come get your RiotGEAR!

johnboy 27 November 2008 95

[First filed: November 26, 2008 @ 14:38]

Just in time for chrimbo we’re finally lifting the lid on the Cafepress RiotACT online merch stand. They make it to order, we get a cut, you get luvverly rioty stuff delivered to your door.

We’ll be changing the specials over on a regular basis to incorporate all your witty ideas and letting you know when it happens.

And because it’s mostly in white you’ll need lots or risk looking grubby.

Do you really want to be the last one on your block sporting ironic RiotACT branding?

No, I didn’t think so.

What’s Your opinion?

95 Responses to
RiotGEAR, Come get your RiotGEAR!
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
justbands 9:11 am 27 Nov 08

Welll..yeah, they probably do. However, it’s not as though they need you to do a run of thousands. Pretty poor form I reckon to snub the local options.

poptop 9:03 am 27 Nov 08

Because local firms probably want to do a run of the merch. Cafepress prints as the orders arrive.

justbands 8:56 am 27 Nov 08

> Unfortunately Cafepress being a US company has no concept of what a stubby holder is. I live in hope.

Why didn’t you use a local company? Back in the early 1800s when I still played in a band, we got all sorts of merch made right here in Canberra…t-shirts, stubby holders, cd wallets, even g-strings!

poptop 8:17 am 27 Nov 08

Are Nigel and Johnboy going to present a free “My grandchildren were appalled” hoodie to Margaret of Ainslie?

It seems only fair.

gargamel 11:06 pm 26 Nov 08

Is there 1 with VY’s “I only belive in gay marriage if both chicks are hot?”?

It made the Times afterall!

ant 10:13 pm 26 Nov 08

Are there any witty ones?

Of course, one could just take one’s favourite poolroom quote, nick the logo, and go make up a Remo one! ‘cept they’re a tad pricey. Nice but.

johnboy 9:25 pm 26 Nov 08

Actually a lot of the items come in a variety of colours, just have a play.

Cameron 9:23 pm 26 Nov 08

I’m a little stunned by the variety! I figured we’d see a few shirts, maybe a cap, a coffee mug – but wow, there’s a wide range there.

Some more variety in colour might encourage a few more sales. I don’t wear white either (unless I’m playing cricket!).

Anyway, nice community building stuff. See how it goes. All the best with the sales.

Smackbang 9:07 pm 26 Nov 08

What a curious concept. Why would I want to wear a Riot Act T-shirt or hoodie? What next? A clothing range by “The Canberra Chronicle”? “City News” merchandise?

grunge_hippy 8:45 pm 26 Nov 08

they are really ordinary. and no colour choices. I dont wear white.

lumnock 8:25 pm 26 Nov 08

Jazz said :

There will be more to come lumnock.

who is designing the choices if I may ask?

Jazz 8:01 pm 26 Nov 08

There will be more to come lumnock.

Spam Box 7:54 pm 26 Nov 08

*** actually can’t read what’s on the pictures at all on my screen.***

well, you ain’t missing anything… the worst – ever

lumnock 7:39 pm 26 Nov 08

I really like the idea of RiotACT gear, and would buy a shirt or something myself, except all the designs look so….nerdy. Like the sort of shirts that an IT Sys Admin would wear. A lot of it has to do with the RiotACT logo which is fine for a website, but not so crash hot on a t-shirt I think. Not necessarily suggesting a new logo or anything (though it may not be such a bad idea), but maybe a design competition could be made for the clothing line, and the winner gets a free t-shirt or something. I would give it a crack anyway…

astrojax 7:39 pm 26 Nov 08

gunghalin al, you could buy a plain one and print your own…

mebbe i should do that; all those suggestions and none used – hrmph! ; )

rosebud 6:58 pm 26 Nov 08

Hmmm, any recommendations for the scrag elite to wear for the races?

rosebud 6:44 pm 26 Nov 08

Gungahlin Al said :

Throw a blazer over later for country club mingling.

Yeah right…know your audience.

Look good. Disappointed none of my proposed slogans got up. Will buy but.

GA – are you a Queenslander but?

Holden Caulfield 4:52 pm 26 Nov 08

When you have your ad exec position filled, will a graphic designer be next on the list?

Holden Caulfield 4:50 pm 26 Nov 08

Womensware? Mensware? Kidsware?

Men swear by Ken Cook. 😉

Jazz 4:37 pm 26 Nov 08

Or i’ll just sort out some from another source and give them away to lucky punters who turn up to RiotACT events 🙂

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.