Royal Visit 2011.

johnboy 21 October 2011 27

royal barge

We waited by the lake, and we waited, and then the jet skis roared into sight, the motorcade with armoured Land Rover thundered by, and the admirals’ “barge” hove into view.

Apparently the Queen was on board.

Taken a good photo or video of the visit? Email it in to images@the-riotact.com .

Kelli has sent a great set in from the arrival at the airport.

the queen

Her Majesty does not appear to like her flowers:

the queen

Snarky saw them on Dunrossil Drive:

the queen

Jawm got a good look at them as they went past Weston Park:

the queen on a boat

Regular readers will be thrilled to see the police jet skis being put to good use.

jet ski

Matrokr has sent in a few:

the queen

the queen at floriade

Thanks to Matthew for a set which included this one:

the queen

The in from Anthony Caffery:

a caffery

Here’s the full slideshow.

27 Responses to Royal Visit 2011.
schmeah 10:19 pm 20 Oct 11

[quote comment="359303"][quote comment="359274"]I can't believe the fuss people are making cos the PM didn't "curtsy" to the Queen I mean talk about snobbish and pompous.[/quote]

It's called courtesy. If she doesn't want to, that's cool - she's the PM, she didn't have to invite the Queen out here. Waiting until the Mad Monk is PM would have avoided the issue.

And of course, it does raise the question of whether dear little Julia knows how to curtsy - or say please, or thank you for that matter.[/quote]

The Prime Minister didn't invite the Queen out here, she came as part of her duties at CHOGM. Had the forum been in Fiji, she would have gone there too. And, just so you know, CHOGM doesn't function by Australian election cycles. I know we're the hegemony of CHOGM but seriously, waiting for Abbott to be PM (all a bit presumptuous really) isn't how it works. And lastly, stop crying about stuff you don't understand. The Queen, for all and sundry who saw this spectacle, extended her hand to the PM.. would you have the PM ignore that gesture and curtsy, just so you can have a spray about that too?

whitelaughter 8:44 pm 20 Oct 11

LSWCHP 7:07 pm 20 Oct 11

I don't think I could've endured the humiliation if she had done so.

trickyxr 6:58 pm 20 Oct 11

Thats my mrs in the padle boat with her boss during work hours not a bad day at the office if you can get it

gooterz 6:38 pm 20 Oct 11

Likely to be the last time she comes... Can we ditch the royalty yet?

schmeah 6:27 pm 20 Oct 11

Indeed, it really is lamentable. However, had Gillard curtsied .. could you imagine the headline 'Self-professes feminist curtsies' .. the woman can't do anything right. When she went to the royal wedding, everyone screamed about how an unmarried, Republican had no place to be there .. could you imagine the headline had she rejected the invite based on those reasons!! Such nonsense is really tiring.

Mr Gillespie 6:11 pm 20 Oct 11

PBO 2:56 pm 20 Oct 11

I was always suspicious of that little wave that she does, it looks more like a way to sneakily sniff your own farts without being direct about it.

tortfeaser 2:44 pm 20 Oct 11

Nice boat. Getting off it at 86 and 90 is pretty impressive, with the high freeboard.

schmeah 2:04 pm 20 Oct 11

Yet more indication of the rules not applying to monarchy. Not only can they discrimminate based on sex, religion and birth but they can also facilitate the use of high-powered motorised boats / skis on the lake.

Yeah, look at the crowd numbers .. clearly, other work-shy parasites turning up to welcome their master.

Waiting For Godot 2:04 pm 20 Oct 11

Apparently that boat was built in the 1930s. I hope it was inspected for seaworthiness before MH got on board.

OverLord 1:34 pm 20 Oct 11

Finally, the jetski's have been justified.

Thumper 1:20 pm 20 Oct 11

Fantastic boat!

DUB 1:18 pm 20 Oct 11

Looks like plenty of room for cheering crowds, they should have brought bus loads of school kids, to make it look good for the media.

Any photos of flowers from the Floriade?:-)

No? I didn't miss much then.

the_snapper 1:06 pm 20 Oct 11

More photos from the Queen arriving at Floriade here http://wp.me/p1sjY1-3qd

Chop71 1:00 pm 20 Oct 11

titanic

caak 12:53 pm 20 Oct 11

Dear Sydney,

Thanks for the boat, we'll keep it.

Regards

Canberra

Ps. Here is a pic of the Queen,

Holditz 12:31 pm 20 Oct 11

Nice boat.

KB1971 12:05 pm 20 Oct 11

Big crowd......

chewy14 12:01 pm 20 Oct 11

I'm on a Boat.

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.