The Bureau has extended its warning zone to include the ACT:
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Orange, Canberra, Wagga Wagga, Albury, Deniliquin and Griffith.
94 km/h was reported at Temora this afternoon.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 8:25 pm.
If severe thunderstorms develop in Canberra and Queanbeyan, a more detailed Severe Thunderstorm Warning will be issued to people in this area.