Shoulder expert in Canberra?

Houk 19 July 2013 5

I’ve been having some problems with my shoulders for about the last 18 months. A quick ultrasound shows some bursitis in the right one and nothing as of yet in the left.

I’ve been to several physiotherapists and following the stretching/strengthening exercises they’ve given me but nothing seems to be helping.

So… does anyone have any recommendations for someone who is good with shoulders in the ACT?

What's Your Opinion?

Please login to post your comments, or connect with
5 Responses to Shoulder expert in Canberra?
Jammer1 Jammer1 10:55 am 19 Jul 13

Chris Roberts at Deakin is very good. Operated on both my wife’s shoulders. Can heartily reccommend him.

Genie Genie 11:58 am 19 Jul 13

Roy Daniel at the Belconnen Physio Centre.

Although I think you need a referal to see him. After 2 years seeing a different physio, about a dozen sessions over 6 weeks eliminated my pain and restrictions from severe scar tissue.

Worth noting – I remember having an interesting discussion with him regarding the above statement. Some physio’s are brilliant for one person, useless to the next. You just have to find the right fit with the way they treat injuries.

dungfungus dungfungus 12:46 pm 19 Jul 13

Jammer1 said :

Chris Roberts at Deakin is very good. Operated on both my wife’s shoulders. Can heartily reccommend him.

Lucky he had to do both shoulders. He must have been having a bad day when I saw him because he got confused with left and right. No harm done but it was very offputting.

curmudgery curmudgery 4:31 pm 19 Jul 13

I recommend Griffith Massage Centre. They’ve got some very effective remedial massage therapists.

MrNurseRatchet MrNurseRatchet 9:41 am 20 Jul 13

If you’ve had this for 18 months it sounds like physiotherapy and regular anti-inflammatories wouldn’t be enough (although completely believe that you will likely need ongoing and regular physio). Would go to your regular health care provider and request an ultrasound-guided steroid injection or a referral to a sports medicine doctor.

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter


Search across the site