Chisholm Double Murder

johnboy 26 March 2009 250

[First filed: March 24, 2009 @ 17:38]

Word is coming in that there’s been a major incident in Chisholm, possibly a shooting.

(One source reckon’s it’s a square up for the death of James Peisley over the weekend. CORRECTION: Now hearing that the link is limited to Peisley buying speed from one of the deceased)

More on this as and when it comes to hand.

UPDATE: ABC radio news on 666 is reporting two men have been shot dead on Couchman Crescent in Chisholm.

ANOTHER UPDATE: The Herald Sun is claiming it’s a bikie related killing. A person is assisting with inquiries and a firearm has been recovered.

FURTHER UPDATE: The Canberra Times informs that is believed the man being questioned is a brother of one of the victims.

The AFP website remains irresolutely useless. But Crimestoppers has two items on this:

1. Police incident, Chisholm:

ACT Policing is at the scene of an incident in Couchman Crescent where a man has been shot.

ACT Ambulance declared the man deceased at the scene. Territory Investigations Group officers are investigating the circumstances surrounding the man’s death.

The area remains blocked off to members of the public as police continue their inquiries in relation to the matter. A number of people are currently assisting police with their investigations.

2. Second deceased person located, Chisholm:

Police responding to a shooting incident in Couchman Crescent, Chisholm this afternoon have located a second deceased person in a rear yard of a house.

About 3.10pm today (March 24) police and ACT Ambulance Service received a call for assistance amid reports that a man had suffered a gunshot wound. The area around Couchman Crescent was cordoned off as police responded to the incident. ACT Ambulance declared the man deceased at the scene.

A search of the immediate area resulted in a second deceased person being located. A weapon has been recovered and will undergo forensic investigation.

A man has been apprehended by police and is currently being interviewed at Tuggeranong Police Station.

Territory Investigations Group officers are investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths. The area remains blocked off to members of the public as police continue their inquiries in relation to the matter.

MORE UPDATES: The Brisbane Times is claiming one of the victims was affiliated with the Rebels OMCG. The Australian is asserting a drug link.

FURTHER UPDATE: Bikernews.net is choosing to link to a News Limited story claiming it was related to a love triangle, and not motorcycle gangs.

But a Rebels Motorcycle Club life member said club ties had nothing to do with the shooting, which occurred at the hands of a jilted ex-lover.

The man, who did not wish to be named, said one of the victims was a close friend and a fellow Rebels member for around 30 years.

“He’s been in a lot of trouble over his life, had a pretty tough time in his life at times,” the man said.

“I sort of expected (him) to be somebody on the other side of things, more likely to be shooting at somebody than getting shot at.

“It was over a girl from what I believe. It’s a love triangle. He’s gone out with this girl, the ex-boyfriend has come back.”

The man said he did not know the identity of the other man involved in the shooting or if he was a member of the Rebels or any other motorcycle club.

“All I know was that it wasn’t club related, it was just ex-boyfriend-shoots-new-boyfriend-love-triangle,” he said.

AFP MEDIA UNIT BREAKS SILENCE:

The investigation into the fatal shooting of two men, believed to be aged 48 and 57, in Chisholm yesterday afternoon is continuing.

At this stage, investigations by ACT Policing indicate the shooting was not gang related.

A 20-year-old man has been conveyed to the Regional Watch House where he is expected to be charged with two counts of murder later this morning.

2. Man charged, Chisholm shootings

A 20-year-old man from Chisholm will appear before an ACT Magistrate later this morning charged with two counts of murder.

This follows the fatal shooting of two men in the vicinity of a residence in Couchman Crescent, Chisholm yesterday afternoon.

At this stage, investigations by ACT Policing indicate the shootings were not gang related.

SUSPECT NAMED: News report that the suspect has been named as Russell Field, 20, of Chisholm. Bail was formally refused. Mr. Field is to re-appear on 15 April. His lawyer says he will be defending the charges.

View Larger Map

250 Responses to Chisholm Double Murder
vg vg 5:52 pm 28 Mar 09

No, but the one I thought easiest for you to comprehend

God bless

I’m here every night and twice on Saturdays

monomania monomania 5:37 pm 28 Mar 09

vg said :

monomania said :

vg said :

Humble because it’s only the job that prevents you from being a stupid useless loser, vg?

Yeah, that would be it if it were true but fortunately for me, and you, I am neither of the 3 things you describe. I mean if I was stupid, useless and a loser I would forget to use commas in their correct place…….hang on a sec.

Better to let people think you’re stupid rather than go to print and prove it

A crushing rejoinder to my comment on your puffery. Is that the best that came to mind. Punctuation?

Americanberran Americanberran 4:10 pm 28 Mar 09

Sorry for my tardy arrival; usually when I see a good fight, I like to reserve a place…in the middle….and let out all reserves.

vg vg 3:46 pm 28 Mar 09

monomania said :

vg said :

Better to let people think you’re stupid rather than go to print and prove it

vg vg 3:45 pm 28 Mar 09

monomania said :

vg said :

Yeah, that would be it if it were true but fortunately for me, and you, I am neither of the 3 things you describe. I mean if I was a stupid, useless and a loser I would forget to use commas in their correct place…….hang on a sec.

Better to let people think you’re stupid rather than go to print and prove it

Spideydog Spideydog 3:30 pm 28 Mar 09

Is it me, or is it getting hot in here ……

monomania monomania 1:48 pm 28 Mar 09

vg said :

vg vg 12:27 pm 28 Mar 09

Yeah, its only fair that you stick to the:

“That’s all from me on this.”

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 12:25 pm 28 Mar 09

Agreed, sorry JB. Vg, I’m not going to bother responding to you anymore, as there is a severe risk of moderation if I do.

johnboy johnboy 12:23 pm 28 Mar 09

OK children, I’ve had enough of your bickering.

If it doesn’t end now you’re both going to the corner.

vg vg 12:21 pm 28 Mar 09

What were you right about, just out of idle curiosity?

And I never play speculation cops (that clanging could be the penny dropping)

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 12:16 pm 28 Mar 09

I was right about some things, mate.

Why don’t you go play speculation cops somewhere else? Away from decent debate preferably.

vg vg 12:11 pm 28 Mar 09

DMD

Very, very amateur attempt at ascertaining my employment status, but, all the same, my current employ (and who knows where that might be) does give me the opportunity to feel smart, useful, important and humble…..all at the same time.

There is no Rebels PR in this matter and, if there was, you could tell if they were lying because their lips would be moving

But, like I say, there’s no way on God’s green earth I could possibly know more about this than you though, is there….? Surely not?

Don’t be surprised with the ‘I told you so’ later on.

Sorry if I interrupted your Kumbuya session somewhere, but the only contributions you seem to want from me are the ones where I tell you exactly what you want to know to justify your opinions, not reality. Either way you ain’t gonna get it but suffice to say that the speculation and assumption on this thread will be made to look, shall we say, silly

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 2:02 pm 27 Mar 09

I should add, sorry to double-post, that on the news they were talking to some children who saw the man dying on the front lawn after getting home from school.

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 1:48 pm 27 Mar 09

I said it was likely that it involved bikies. In fact, it involved a senior member of the Rebels. You of all people should be open to possibility that a senior bikie being gunned down in the midst of a nationwide bikie war, which the rebels have been involved in too, does lend itself to the possibility of this being a related event.

I’m also surprised that your so quick to believe the Rebel’s PR, considering your previous attitudes towards them.

I honestly think this is some sort of self-importance game you’ve started playing since you left the AFP. You want to feel useful, you want to feel smart, you want to feel better than everyone else. I’m going to do the nicest thing I can do under the circumstances to tell you that your behavior really doesn’t help. Nobody likes the guy that sits there and tells everyone they’re wrong, without offering any insight as to why. If you want people to benefit from your experience as a police officer and your general life experience, try making positive contributions – explain why you disagree, don’t try to be funny (you’re not when you’re like that), tell us about your previous experiences. Right now, you just seem like a five-year old, sorry. And don’t take that as an insult, I’m telling you that this is how you’re behaving because I think you could be a positive contributor were you to address this.

That’s all from me on this.

vg vg 6:25 am 27 Mar 09

Deadmandrinking said :

Berraboy, If VG has information on this particular case that has not been released, one would assume it has been suppressed. He would be committing a serious offense by talking about it he is doing and if so he should be subjected to serious disciplinary action.

I’m just interested in the point at where I have spoken about information that hasn’t been released. I mean feel free to show me.

All I have said is that the initial speculation regarding this event has come to nought. Anything else surrounding the subject matter, including your ‘sage’ advice, is just puffery. There’s no danger whatsoever of any inappropriate information being disclosed, no matter how amateurly you try to elicit it

PM PM 1:45 am 27 Mar 09

Hams said :

I have been lurking here for a while. I am sorry if I have missed this earlier, but what is DMD’s problem with the AFP? Is it all Police or just the AFP he hates?

Maybe he and lurkers don’t get on…?

I wish they still had butlers around.

hey_you hey_you 12:42 am 27 Mar 09

No matter how much this pains me to say – I agree with you DMD.

VG be careful you don’t cross the line.

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 11:08 pm 26 Mar 09

BerraBoy68 BerraBoy68 10:45 pm 26 Mar 09

Hey DMD, I may be out of line (if so sorry) but I’m thinking vg doesn’t need to speculate like the rest of us as he probably has first hand knowledge.

Region Group Pty Ltd