Chisholm Double Murder

johnboy 26 March 2009 250

[First filed: March 24, 2009 @ 17:38]

Word is coming in that there’s been a major incident in Chisholm, possibly a shooting.

(One source reckon’s it’s a square up for the death of James Peisley over the weekend. CORRECTION: Now hearing that the link is limited to Peisley buying speed from one of the deceased)

More on this as and when it comes to hand.

UPDATE: ABC radio news on 666 is reporting two men have been shot dead on Couchman Crescent in Chisholm.

ANOTHER UPDATE: The Herald Sun is claiming it’s a bikie related killing. A person is assisting with inquiries and a firearm has been recovered.

FURTHER UPDATE: The Canberra Times informs that is believed the man being questioned is a brother of one of the victims.

The AFP website remains irresolutely useless. But Crimestoppers has two items on this:

1. Police incident, Chisholm:

ACT Policing is at the scene of an incident in Couchman Crescent where a man has been shot.

ACT Ambulance declared the man deceased at the scene. Territory Investigations Group officers are investigating the circumstances surrounding the man’s death.

The area remains blocked off to members of the public as police continue their inquiries in relation to the matter. A number of people are currently assisting police with their investigations.

2. Second deceased person located, Chisholm:

Police responding to a shooting incident in Couchman Crescent, Chisholm this afternoon have located a second deceased person in a rear yard of a house.

About 3.10pm today (March 24) police and ACT Ambulance Service received a call for assistance amid reports that a man had suffered a gunshot wound. The area around Couchman Crescent was cordoned off as police responded to the incident. ACT Ambulance declared the man deceased at the scene.

A search of the immediate area resulted in a second deceased person being located. A weapon has been recovered and will undergo forensic investigation.

A man has been apprehended by police and is currently being interviewed at Tuggeranong Police Station.

Territory Investigations Group officers are investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths. The area remains blocked off to members of the public as police continue their inquiries in relation to the matter.

MORE UPDATES: The Brisbane Times is claiming one of the victims was affiliated with the Rebels OMCG. The Australian is asserting a drug link.

FURTHER UPDATE: Bikernews.net is choosing to link to a News Limited story claiming it was related to a love triangle, and not motorcycle gangs.

But a Rebels Motorcycle Club life member said club ties had nothing to do with the shooting, which occurred at the hands of a jilted ex-lover.

The man, who did not wish to be named, said one of the victims was a close friend and a fellow Rebels member for around 30 years.

“He’s been in a lot of trouble over his life, had a pretty tough time in his life at times,” the man said.

“I sort of expected (him) to be somebody on the other side of things, more likely to be shooting at somebody than getting shot at.

“It was over a girl from what I believe. It’s a love triangle. He’s gone out with this girl, the ex-boyfriend has come back.”

The man said he did not know the identity of the other man involved in the shooting or if he was a member of the Rebels or any other motorcycle club.

“All I know was that it wasn’t club related, it was just ex-boyfriend-shoots-new-boyfriend-love-triangle,” he said.

AFP MEDIA UNIT BREAKS SILENCE:

The investigation into the fatal shooting of two men, believed to be aged 48 and 57, in Chisholm yesterday afternoon is continuing.

At this stage, investigations by ACT Policing indicate the shooting was not gang related.

A 20-year-old man has been conveyed to the Regional Watch House where he is expected to be charged with two counts of murder later this morning.

2. Man charged, Chisholm shootings

A 20-year-old man from Chisholm will appear before an ACT Magistrate later this morning charged with two counts of murder.

This follows the fatal shooting of two men in the vicinity of a residence in Couchman Crescent, Chisholm yesterday afternoon.

At this stage, investigations by ACT Policing indicate the shootings were not gang related.

SUSPECT NAMED: News report that the suspect has been named as Russell Field, 20, of Chisholm. Bail was formally refused. Mr. Field is to re-appear on 15 April. His lawyer says he will be defending the charges.

View Larger Map

250 Responses to Chisholm Double Murder
kobez_outlaw kobez_outlaw 9:52 pm 24 Mar 09

Top 3 ghetto’s in the world
1) South central- LA
2) Queensbridge New York City
3) North Tuggeranong- Canberra.
Why did I have to move from Torrens to Wanniassa 🙁

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 9:55 pm 24 Mar 09

kobez_outlaw said :

Top 3 ghetto’s in the world
1) South central- LA
2) Queensbridge New York City
3) North Tuggeranong- Canberra.
Why did I have to move from Torrens to Wanniassa 🙁

Been cycling through Port Moresby or the Favelas in Rio lately? It’s such a breeze.

Spend an hour in West Sydney then go home to Tuggers. You’ll feel a lot safer.

BerraBoy68 BerraBoy68 9:58 pm 24 Mar 09

vg said :

BerraBoy68 said :

Hey VG, onthe topic of knowing people (from an earlier conversation), are you uniform or a Det? I’ve a family member who’s a Det. ex-homicide and now at the college. His initials are NL. Wondering if you’d know him?

I know him, if its the NL I think it is

He’d be about late 50’s, bald ex-witness protection program and also headed up the Ricky Conway murder (all public knowledge BTW). He also just became a dad again. His parter is my cousin. Just thought I’d ask…

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 10:04 pm 24 Mar 09

^Can’t you do this at a pub Berraboy?

I mean, we were being policed just then by VG for ‘jumping to conclusions’, now you seem to want to turn this thread into a social get-together.

vg vg 10:05 pm 24 Mar 09

The resume isn’t precisely correct, as I’m very good mates with the guy who was the lead investigator for the Conway murder, but yeah, I know the guy. A gentleman

vg vg 10:06 pm 24 Mar 09

DMD its called social interaction. A subject probably foreign to you I know, but let the adults do it. You may learn something

HAEL - T6RX HAEL - T6RX 10:06 pm 24 Mar 09

I think it’s so frightening that this shooting happened at 3pm two streets up from the primary school!!

MWF MWF 10:08 pm 24 Mar 09

BerraBoy68 said :

Hey VG, onthe topic of knowing people

LMFAO, yep, that’s what it’s all about. Most important that we get ourselves into a pecking order.

vg vg 10:08 pm 24 Mar 09

Terrible isn’t it. I mean I farted at home today and I’m across the road from a school.

It has nothing to do with the school

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 10:12 pm 24 Mar 09

I’m well aware of what social interaction is, VG. I do it away from the keyboard, in social settings – not in threads where people are trying to discuss serious issues. But we’re not allowed to do that.

Hael, that is pretty disturbing. Someone else was saying the club-house wasn’t far either? Is it close to the primary school?

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 10:14 pm 24 Mar 09

vg said :

It has nothing to do with the school

So you think it doesn’t matter that bullets are flying around and knocking people off close to where children congregate?

BerraBoy68 BerraBoy68 10:14 pm 24 Mar 09

vg said :

That he is. We don’t really talk work when we get together but I knew the basics. I got his position on the Conway murder stuff from the book that was written about it. Probably the only True Crime book specific to Canberra. Just wanted to ensure you know it wasn’t NL that gave me this obvioulsy dodgy information.

Actually, the mother of my son’s best buddy (they’re only 6) also works as an instructor at the college and also knows NL quite well. She’s slim, long blonde hair – also a nice lady. Canberra’s too small.

vg vg 10:15 pm 24 Mar 09

DMD you wouldn’t know a serious issue if it bit you an the ass. You can do what you like on this board, it ain’t mine. Don’t be scared when people disagree with you or, as happens more often than not, you are made to look a little silly.

If you wish to discuss try re-visiting the topic on my post that will shortly be ‘un-modded’

Nosey Nosey 10:15 pm 24 Mar 09

Can’t u2 use your work email 2 sort out the who’s who of the AFP on RA.

Just kidding.

I am racking my brain trying to think of an ex detective that’s in his 50’s and bald.

Nope, there is too many.

vg vg 10:16 pm 24 Mar 09

BerraBoy68 said :

vg said :

Canberra’s too small.

I know her too.

Sorry DMD if this offends you, I know how delicate you are

vg vg 10:16 pm 24 Mar 09

Nosey said :

Can’t u2 use your work email 2 sort out the who’s who of the AFP on RA.

Just kidding.

Nope, there is too many.

Don’t use this site when I’m at work

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 10:18 pm 24 Mar 09

It doesn’t offend me, I just think it wastes space. Nobody else cares.

Why don’t you answer my post re: the school – that’s what these comments are here for.

Nosey Nosey 10:22 pm 24 Mar 09

Have another drink.

I agree that it was too close to a school but I also agree that it had nothing to do with the school.

It was unfortunate it was in close proximity but not intentional.

If that were the case then I would be worried.

The Conway book is a great read.

Caulky lying in the bushes.

LOL

vg vg 10:37 pm 24 Mar 09

Deadmandrinking said :

vg said :

It has nothing to do with the school

OK Einstein I will.

I will say this. I am concerned where a firearm is involved in anything in this town. The fact that this happened 2 streets from a school is largely immaterial. It was probably also 2 streets from a shopping centre, 2 streets from a house where lots of kids live, 2 streets from where a terminally ill person lives, or within 2 streets of probably hundreds of people residences. The incident clearly wasn’t directed at the school or the kids within.

Please explain exactly how bullets were ‘flying around close to where children congregate’. It seems as though the bullets may well have been reasonably aimed. Don’t be hysterical about it. In reality the children at school today would have been in no greater danger of being hit by a bullet than any other time while at school, unless the ‘flying bullets’ managed to make their way around a few corners, down a few streets and few a through walls (assuming they lost no kinetic energy in the process).

Or would you like a further explanation of Ballistics for Dummies?

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 10:42 pm 24 Mar 09

Thankyou Vg. At around 3pm, if I remember correctly, school finishes. Some kids walk home from school. Guns are dangerous things, mistakes with them can be fatal. Also, seeing someone get shot is usually a traumatic experience for a young-un.

Region Group Pty Ltd