Skip to content Skip to main navigation


Sunday 8 April 2018, 9 am - 3 pm

Spinal specialist

By peturbed_but_pretty - 4 June 2009 3

To cut a long story short – I had a wee accident last year which resulted in fractures to 2 of my verterbrae and scoliosis.  The accident took place in the UK and I was lucky enough to be near a specialist spine unit for my treatment.

What I am asking is if there is a special spine fracture unit or doctor in the ACT that I can visit for my follow up consultations.  I need comparisons made to my original and 3 mth x-rays, and discussions on future restrictions/impacts etc.

Can anyone pls advise?


What’s Your opinion?

Please login to post your comments, or connect with
3 Responses to
Spinal specialist
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newst
pug206gti 9:01 am 05 Jun 09

Further afield, I understand the Spine Service at St George Hospital in Sydney is good (Drs Diwan and Saunders) and I know a Canberra person who preferred to travel there for treatment. 02 9588 9622.

niftydog 3:51 pm 04 Jun 09

+1, he has a very good reputation. However, it seems that his interest is purely limited to cases requiring surgery.

Qbn Gal 2:44 pm 04 Jun 09

Dr. Justin Pik is an excellent neurosurgeon who does not recommend surgery unnecessarily ( ie knife happy). Don’t know if he is what you need, but worth a ring. 62604680

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Copyright © 2018 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. | |

Search across the site