Sports psychologist?

joingler 20 August 2012 27

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good sports psychologist in Canberra.

I live in Watson so anywhere inner north would be great but I’m happy to go just about anywhere in Canberra.

Money isn’t a massive problem but I don’t want to pay unless I see results.

27 Responses to Sports psychologist?
colourful sydney racing identity colourful sydney racing identity 3:50 pm 21 Aug 12

Kim F said :

This might become best thread ever

+1.

carnardly carnardly 1:50 pm 21 Aug 12

your results in mtb have been shocking recently?

maybe the others are just better than you – unless you’re really Julian Absalon.

maybe they just take a double dose of HTFU and repeat until symptoms disappear

maybe you train well but they train better

get your bodyfat down to 3% and train 8 hours a day and i’m sure you’ll improve.

VYBerlinaV8_is_back VYBerlinaV8_is_back 7:39 am 21 Aug 12

You’ll probably find that your mountain biking is compromised by having to hold the table tennis bat. Keeping the scrabble board balanced as you go over jumps must be a real pain, too.

roflmao roflmao 10:08 pm 20 Aug 12

joingler said :

As funny as some of these comments are, they don’t really help.

I am an amateur sportsman. I do competitive table tennis, mountain biking and scrabble (not kidding).

My results in mountain biking and scrabble have been shocking recently (although I am showing some improvement in table tennis). I don’t think that it is my fitness on the bike or my word knowledge lacking on the scrabble board which is lacking as I’m training well for both. So it has to be something mental.

have yo got a personal trainer? try this link 🙂 http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sports+psychologist+canberra

Pork Hunt Pork Hunt 9:53 pm 20 Aug 12

joingler said :

As funny as some of these comments are, they don’t really help.

You have to be kidding!
Pedal harder and read the dictionary front to back.

Mordd Mordd 9:46 pm 20 Aug 12

How is a sport psychologist different from a normal psychologist? Serious question. If the issue is mental wouldn’t the normal ways of dealing with mental blockages be essentially the same thing just different application? Sure I can see elite athletes with tens of thousands of sponsors dollars paying a sport psychologist but outside the top elite level is that even that common to find someone specialise like that? Just curious.

poetix poetix 9:43 pm 20 Aug 12

joingler said :

As funny as some of these comments are, they don’t really help.

So it has to be something mental.

You can’t handle the Q.

Perhaps read a page of the dictionary every day? (This is for the Scrabble problem.)

Seriously, this person may be helpful:

I have never used him though, even for my burrito fantasy in the gym problem.

Golden-Alpine Golden-Alpine 9:41 pm 20 Aug 12

joingler said :

As funny as some of these comments are, they don’t really help.

As VYBerlinaV8_is_back said “Sometimes RiotACT does that to you!”

mouldy mouldy 9:22 pm 20 Aug 12

joingler said :

As funny as some of these comments are, they don’t really help.

You’re right. It’s definitely mental.

Kim F Kim F 9:18 pm 20 Aug 12

This might become best thread ever

joingler joingler 9:07 pm 20 Aug 12

As funny as some of these comments are, they don’t really help.

Pork Hunt Pork Hunt 8:27 pm 20 Aug 12

I hope you aren’t a race walker. As the former Australian netball captain Liz Ellis once said: “It’s like a contest to see who can whisper the loudest”…

Golden-Alpine Golden-Alpine 7:22 pm 20 Aug 12

Welcome back from London James, better luck in Rio,

VYBerlinaV8_is_back VYBerlinaV8_is_back 6:42 pm 20 Aug 12

Wraith said :

VYBerlinaV8_is_back said :

I can probably help you. When you train I’ll ride my bike next to you and scream “RUN MUTHAF***A!!”.

All for the low, low price of $99.95 per hour.

But he also wants results guaranteed, so better take the cattle prod as well……..

If wraith can catch you, he can have you…

Pork Hunt Pork Hunt 5:42 pm 20 Aug 12

PrinceOfAles said :

VYBerlinaV8_is_back said :

All for the low, low price of $99.95 per hour.

I clicked on this story with the sole purpose of posting the exact same thing. You beat me 🙂

$89.95 p/h my first and last offer…

Wraith Wraith 5:41 pm 20 Aug 12

VYBerlinaV8_is_back said :

All for the low, low price of $99.95 per hour.

VYBerlinaV8_is_back VYBerlinaV8_is_back 5:25 pm 20 Aug 12

PrinceOfAles said :

VYBerlinaV8_is_back said :

All for the low, low price of $99.95 per hour.

Sometimes RiotACT does that to you!

PrinceOfAles PrinceOfAles 5:19 pm 20 Aug 12

VYBerlinaV8_is_back said :

All for the low, low price of $99.95 per hour.

VYBerlinaV8_is_back VYBerlinaV8_is_back 5:15 pm 20 Aug 12

All for the low, low price of $99.95 per hour.

pharmer pharmer 4:56 pm 20 Aug 12

What sport in particular?

Region Group Pty Ltd