The Assange vigil and booklet

johnboy 7 December 2012 72

assange

This in from Jane:

Candlelight vigil for Assange, Parliament House 30 November

Taken at the Candlelight Vigil for Julian Assange last Thursday night.

ACT Friends of Wikileaks is now making a booklet with this photo and messages to the Government.

Please send your message to actfowl@gmail.com asap.

Names will be included unless advised otherwise.

What’s Your opinion?

72 Responses to
The Assange vigil and booklet
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
Duffbowl 7:16 pm 11 Dec 12

Duffbowl said :

Conspiracy theorists will continue to believe what they want to be true, no matter what arguments are put forward. You may as well shout at the clouds for crossing the skies.

Same could be said for peeps who believe everything as fact as long as its said by a right wing nut.

When it comes to conspiracy theories, neither the left nor the right has soul custody.

Putting on my helmet of perceived aggression, with its most fetching bird of paradise feathers, I hope you’re not pushing me into the “right wing nut” camp, CGN. I was pointing out an opinion piece, written by a respected lawyer from the left in the UK, that undermined the most frequently heard accusations from Assange supporters about why it’s a conspiracy.

On a personal note, I don’t know whether Assange committed rape or not. It seems that the Swedes have followed their legal processes, as well as those of the EU. If the Yanks really wanted him, they would have asked the Poms. The UK has handed over suspects before with less evidence provided for similar offences; what would stop the US from doing the same now?

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 6:55 pm 11 Dec 12

Duffbowl said :

Duffbowl 6:27 pm 11 Dec 12

King_of_the_Muppets 5:46 pm 11 Dec 12

The matters surrounding the charges seem a little sketchy given CIA involvement. I wouldn’t pretend to know what actually happened.

Unfortunately its a charge that has been leveled at whistle blowers in the past and one which can easily damage the credibility of anyone its levelled at.

Regardless of what you think about Assange and Wikileaks – the whole situation seems a little too convenient

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 5:39 pm 11 Dec 12

bigfeet said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

You do not appear to be very bright or understand simple wording. I clearly stated that if he is actually guilty of accused crimes then he needs to be locked in a swedish prison. However, the swedish said they only want to question him on the matter, not charge him., therefore no need for extradition.

do you follow or is this too much for you to comprehend?

Gee, I wonder why his expensive and highly qualified legal didn’t use this argument? It seems like such a game winner.

Oh wait… They did. It was argued more eloquently and with more examples of precedence than you could ever hope to.

The court ruled upon it. I hazard a guess that they are slightly more qualified than you at interpreting international law. Guess what? They dismissed that argument.

But what would judges know hey? They are just mortal after all . Not like Julian.

I don’t really think anyone is more qualified than me about anything.

King_of_the_Muppets 5:18 pm 11 Dec 12

IMHO the world needs the likes of Assange. He is an extremist. The US military machine is also extremist. It is rare to find an organisation powerful enough to balance their power.

Clearly mistakes were made in publishing individuals names and a heavy cost was paid…but….what is the cost of not exposing the failings of the US military actions in foriegn countries. “collateral murder’ was enough to convince me of the value of Assanges actions.

bigfeet 4:20 pm 11 Dec 12

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

do you follow or is this too much for you to comprehend?

Diggety 2:32 pm 11 Dec 12

bigfeet said :

post numbers: 2,4,9,12,17.

Your turn.

Funny! Really.Those are your examples? Sad.

Anyway I’m bored now and typing on my phone is annoying.

I’ll leave you with posts 30 & 36 where you clearly suggest that Assange should be held above the laws of mere mortals and not have to comply with them.

I might discuss further later, or might not .

do you follow or is this too much for you to comprehend?

CGN, I highly recommend you read the article Duffbowl provided us:

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 2:22 pm 11 Dec 12

bigfeet said :

post numbers: 2,4,9,12,17.

Your turn.

Funny! Really.Those are your examples? Sad.

Anyway I’m bored now and typing on my phone is annoying.

I might discuss further later, or might not .

do you follow or is this too much for you to comprehend?

bigfeet 12:03 pm 11 Dec 12

post numbers: 2,4,9,12,17.

Your turn.

Funny! Really.Those are your examples? Sad.

Anyway I’m bored now and typing on my phone is annoying.

I might discuss further later, or might not .

breda 11:47 am 11 Dec 12

The meanderings of the Assange apologists are interesting. Apparently, if someone is subject to extradition on a serious offence (they don’t do it for shoplifting) – that person should not be extradited, but should be allowed a taxpayer funded videoconference instead. Especially if they are Freedom Fighter, Julian Assange.

Also, the fact that the Freedom Fighter for information dissemination has skipped bail to hole up in the embassy of a country that routinely closes down and persecutes dissident media outlets is irrelevant. The fact that this country does not have extradition treaties with the relevant countries is purely coincidental.

He still believes in freedom with every fibre of his being!

The media outlets and celebrities who were gulled by Assange are too embarrassed to admit it. They made him into a superstar, but the truth is he is just a middle-aged bar creep who had 15 seconds of fame.

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 11:17 am 11 Dec 12

post numbers: 2,4,9,12,17.

Your turn.

bigfeet 10:31 am 11 Dec 12

bigfeet said :

bigfeet said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

It’s been said 3 or 4 times.?.

Really? Where?

Have you read any of this thread besides my own posts?

Yes I have. I invite you again to point out where this has been said ( or even inferred).

If you could do it without claiming anyone who refuses to indulge in your pseudo-religious messiah/hero worship of Assange is ‘ignorant’ it would be most appreciated.

Can you please re-read this thread and educate yourself. the posts i am talking about are clear.

Can you also please show me where i said he is my hero or messiah?

Well we could go round in circles if you want. You made an outlandish comment, two people have asked you to back it up and the best you can come up with is ‘its obvious…your’re ignorant’ Ok. So you can’t point it out, because it doesn’t exist. Thanks.

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 9:50 am 11 Dec 12

bigfeet said :

bigfeet said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

It’s been said 3 or 4 times.?.

Really? Where?

Have you read any of this thread besides my own posts?

Can you also please show me where i said he is my hero or messiah?

bigfeet 9:16 am 11 Dec 12

bigfeet said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

It’s been said 3 or 4 times.?.

Really? Where?

Have you read any of this thread besides my own posts?

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd 6:32 am 11 Dec 12

bigfeet said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

It’s been said 3 or 4 times.?.

Really? Where?

Have you read any of this thread besides my own posts?

Masquara 12:41 am 11 Dec 12

Besides all the bad behaviour, Assange is a fantasist and his word is not to be trusted. eg I have his autobiography, and he claims to be descended from a Torres Strait Islander. The way this “genius” thinks he can get away with ascribing his genetic inheritance to his stepfather Brett Assange (and he is continuing the lie to this day!) is pretty indicative of someone delusional. Do these “vigil” people also think that falsely claiming Indigenous ancestry is fine?

bigfeet 10:38 pm 10 Dec 12

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

It’s been said 3 or 4 times.?.

Really? Where?

justin heywood 10:10 pm 10 Dec 12

Duffbowl said :

I think a few people need to look at the New Statesman blog to understand some of the legalities around Assange.

From that entry, you get the following:
– The alleged actions are considered rape by English law standards.
– It will be more difficult to extradite Assange from Sweden, as under EU standards, both Sweden and the UK would have to consent.
– Assange is not wanted for questioning, the Swedes wish to arrest him. That’s how their legal system works. They arrest, then charge, then prosecute.

As for the author, have a quick read of his Wikipedia bio.

Now now Duffbowl, don’t go spoiling it by quoting someone who actually knows what he is talking about. David Green is obviously just a nerd/derf Hadley listener.

(Loved that line about ‘zombie facts’)

Deckard 10:06 pm 10 Dec 12

Deckard said :

Comic_and_Gamer_Nerd said :

And RE: Hadley/jones comment, it’s in relation to people ignorantly saying *DUHHHH U MESSED WITH MERIKA NOW FACE THE CONSEQUENCES DERRRRR*

Who said that? I just read back through the comments and couldn’t see it. Keep on back peddling.

It’s been said 3 or 4 times.

Keep on keeping ignorant though.

Not ignorant, just realistic. The guy’s done some good stuff, but he sure as hell ain’t the messiah…

And he’s a hypocrite. http://www.hrw.org/americas/ecuador

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.