We all know the physical and mental benefits of regular movement and exercise, and many local Canberra residents turn to yoga when the time comes to stretch, relax, and unwind. Bikram Yoga, also known as the original hot yoga, is a unique style practised in a room heated to 38 degrees Celsius with 40 per cent humidity. A Bikram Yoga class runs for 90 minutes and is suitable for all – from beginners to seasoned yogis.
If you are looking for a Bikram Yoga studio in the Canberra region, we have you covered. After conducting some local research and consulting your feedback, we’ve decided on the two best Bikram Yoga studios in Canberra and its surrounds.
But, before we jump into this top two, let’s take a look at what makes some yoga studios stand out from their competitors.
What makes a fantastic Bikram Yoga studio?
Whether you’re new to yoga or not, seeking out a welcoming, supportive, and effective studio can be a challenge. Here are some of the traits we suggest keeping an eye out for as you embark on your Bikram Yoga journey.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and supportive teachers. The yoga teacher should know exactly what they are doing and should be approachable and supportive every step of the way.
- A welcoming and accepting atmosphere. Yoga is for everybody, no matter your age, gender, or experience level. You should never feel judged in a yoga studio. Instead, you should feel accepted, at peace, and a part of a community.
- Correct heat and humidity levels. Bikram Yoga is a specialist style of yoga that requires specific heat and humidity levels. Ensure the studio you visit meets these requirements.
- A suitable timetable. The best Bikram Yoga studio for you is one with a timetable that suits your schedule.
- Flexible pricing plans. For some, one yoga class per week is enough. For others, they’d like to hit the mat every single day. For those that would like to attend yoga more frequently, a flexible pricing plan is vital.
The top Bikram Yoga studios in Canberra according to you
Riotact’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on Riotact and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Let’s take a closer look at the top Bikram Yoga studios in the Canberra region.
Bikram Yoga Canberra is a relaxed, welcoming Bikram Yoga studio that strives to encourage, motivate, and support you as you commit to regular practice of the discipline. Their goal is to help bring peace, health, and happiness into your life.
Run by an experienced and committed team of qualified teachers, Bikram Yoga Canberra believes that everyone from all walks of life can benefit from regular sessions on the mat. It’s never too late.
The diverse team of certified Bikram Yoga instructors behind Bikram Yoga Kingston have backgrounds in medicine, yoga research, management, policy, and planning, adding a unique dimension to your yoga practice. The teachers here all believe that the practice of Bikram Yoga has life-changing potential and are inspired to share that gift with others.
Open to all ages and experience levels, Bikram Yoga Kingston is an accepting, nourishing, and calming studio that will fast become your space to reconnect with your body and quiet your mind.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Canberra Bikram Yoga Studios.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Where do you practice Bikram Yoga in Canberra? Share your experience below.