Ready to send your little one off to a child care centre in Canberra? You’ve come to the right place.
A baby or toddlers first time at a child care centre is a huge deal. More often than not, it’s the first time they’ve spent time away from mum and dad. That’s why it is critical you find a centre that you can trust.
The best child care centres foster confidence and independence in young children while exposing them to new ideas, life experiences, and creative processes. In addition to learning their ABCs, pre-school education should instil good morals and solid values – it’s not just little kids that need to share!
At the end of the day, your child should enjoy their time at a child care centre – not despise it. Kids just want to have fun, and the centre you choose should give them a safe space to do so.
In this article, we’ll share with you a couple of trustworthy child care centres in the Canberra region. Let’s get right to it.
What Makes a Great Child Care Centre?
So, what exactly should you be looking for in a child care centre for your children?
Here are a few traits we believe are super important.
- Trustworthy. There is no worse feeling than dropping off your children at a centre that you don’t trust 100 percent, whether that’s the staff, facilities, supervision, or other kids that you feel uneasy about.
- Experienced carers. No two children are alike. Experienced carers have seen it all before, and know exactly how to deal with tough situations.
- Passionate carers. The carers at child care centres should love kids, and be passionate about providing them with the best possible pre-school experience.
- Fun facilities. The best child care centres offer kids a whole range of fun and interesting toys, environments, and activities. From chicken coops and play kitchens, to storybooks and building blocks, a diverse range of facilities will ensure your little one never gets bored.
- Security. Our children are our number one priority, and their safety is of paramount importance. The best child care centres have a range of security measures in place to ensure maximum safety.
- Location. The closer to your home or work a child care centre is, the better. In case of emergencies, you do not want to be driving 30 minutes or more to reach your child.
The top 3 Canberra child care centres according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Since opening their bespoke facility in 2014, Artemis has carved out an impressive reputation for its high-quality service.
Artemis caters for children between 6 weeks and 5 years of age and prides itself of a culture of continual innovation and improvement.
Its location in Fyshwick close to the Newcastle St exit from Monaro Highway makes it remarkably easy to access for a large chunk of Canberra and Queanbeyan residents.
From the large commercial kitchen and associated dining room, to the pirate-ship-themed playground, Artemis have reshaped Canberra’s child care standards.
Hours of operation Monday to Friday 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
Located in central Canberra, Sage Education & Childcare is a state-of-the-art early education facility open to toddlers and pre-school aged children. The dedicated team at Sage believe that a child’s curiosity and zest for learning should always lead the way.
In addition to childcare services, Sage Education and Childcare offers a meal preparation service run by qualified chefs.
Communities@Work is a social enterprise that services the Canberra community and entire ACT region. They run a number of leading child care centers that offer a range of services, including early childhood education, long day care, out-of-school-hours care, holiday programs, and more.
Here are just two of their wonderful child care centers in Canberra.
- Abacus Child Care and Education Centre, located in central Canberra, gives priority enrolment to children of staff of the Department of Treasury and staff of the Department of Finance. The dedicated team provides early learning, free play time, and nutritious meals.
- Narrabundah Early Childhood Service is a community hub, providing health care, pre- and post-natal services and community programs in addition to their childcare services.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Canberra child care centres.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Please comment below detailing your experience with Canberra child care centres? Who would you recommend? Who would you use again? Who would you steer clear of?