Ready to send your little one off to a child care centre in Canberra? You’ve come to the right place.
A baby or toddlers first time at a child care centre is a huge deal. More often than not, it’s the first time they’ve spent time away from mum and dad. That’s why it is critical you find a centre that you can trust.
The best child care centres foster confidence and independence in young children while exposing them to new ideas, life experiences, and creative processes. In addition to learning their ABCs, pre-school education should instil good morals and solid values – it’s not just little kids that need to share!
At the end of the day, your child should enjoy their time at a child care centre – not despise it. Kids just want to have fun, and the centre you choose should give them a safe space to do so.
In this article, we’ll share with you a couple of trustworthy child care centres in the Canberra region. Let’s get right to it.
What Makes a Great Child Care Centre?
So, what exactly should you be looking for in a child care centre for your children?
Here are a few traits we believe are super important.
- Trustworthy. There is no worse feeling than dropping off your children at a centre that you don’t trust 100 percent, whether that’s the staff, facilities, supervision, or other kids that you feel uneasy about.
- Experienced carers. No two children are alike. Experienced carers have seen it all before, and know exactly how to deal with tough situations.
- Passionate carers. The carers at child care centres should love kids, and be passionate about providing them with the best possible pre-school experience.
- Fun facilities. The best child care centres offer kids a whole range of fun and interesting toys, environments, and activities. From chicken coops and play kitchens, to storybooks and building blocks, a diverse range of facilities will ensure your little one never gets bored.
- Security. Our children are our number one priority, and their safety is of paramount importance. The best child care centres have a range of security measures in place to ensure maximum safety.
- Location. The closer to your home or work a child care centre is, the better. In case of emergencies, you do not want to be driving 30 minutes or more to reach your child.
The Best Child Care Centres in Canberra
Here is our list of the top child care centres in Canberra. If you’ve had any experience with these, please let us know in the comments section.
1. Artemis Early Learning
Trust, security, support and growth – these are the four values that Artemis Early Learning hold above all else.
Catering to children aged from 6 weeks to 5 years, the passionate, experienced team at Artemis Early Learning work to nurture each child’s individuality, while providing stimulation, inspiration, and challenge.
Artemis Early Learning offers a range of child care services, including childcare, early learning programs with flexible curriculums, time-saver mealtimes, and personalised child and parent support.
Communities@Work is a social enterprise that services the Canberra community and entire ACT region. They run a number of leading child care centres that offer a range of services, including early childhood education, long day care, out-of-school-hours care, holiday programs, and more.
Here are just two of their wonderful child care centres in Canberra.
- Abacus Child Care and Education Centre, located in central Canberra, gives priority enrolment to children of staff of the Department of Treasury and staff of the Department of Finance. The dedicated team provide early learning, free play time, and nutritious meals.
- Narrabundah Early Childhood Service is a community hub, providing health care, pre- and post-natal services and community programs in addition to their childcare services.
3. Sage Education & Childcare
Located in central Canberra, Sage Education and Childcare is a state-of-the-art early education facility open to toddlers and pre-school aged children. The dedicated team at Sage believe that a child’s curiosity and zest for learning should always lead the way.
In addition to childcare services, Sage Education and Childcare offers a meal preparation service run by qualified chefs.
Your Experience with Child Care Centres in Canberra
Where do you send your children? Have you had an incredible experience? Or any terrible experiences?
Let us know below.