Whether we’re picking up prescription medication, need a medical opinion, are looking for a salon-quality shampoo, or are buying a gift for a loved-one, most of us visit the chemist on a regular basis.
Accordingly, convenience is key. No one wants to drive for 30-minutes through traffic to drop into the pharmacy. Instead, we want something in the city-centre where we can pick up our essentials without wasting time.
In this article, we’ll share with you our top picks for pharmacies situated in Canberra’s city centre. We conducted some local research and have found that the pharmacies listed below check all the boxes.
Let’s get right to it.
What Makes a Great Canberra City Pharmacy?
What exactly sets the very best Canberra city pharmacies apart? We suggest looking for the following must-have traits:
- A convenient location. As we mentioned above, location is incredibly important when selecting a pharmacy. There’s no point wasting time travelling from one end of Canberra to the next. A central location can make your chemist visit a whole lot more pleasant.
- A range of products. Sure, pharmacies are primarily for medication and medical supplies, but the very best city pharmacies stock a range of products. From gifts to hair-care, makeup and fragrances, opt for a pharmacy that offers a whole variety of goods.
- Medical services. As well as filling prescriptions, some pharmacies offer peripheral medical services. This might include a pathologist’s office for blood tests, a blood pressure checking service, and even ear-piercing.
- Experienced, friendly, and knowledgeable staff. The best pharmacies have staff that can confidently answer all of your questions and concerns. They know the ins and outs of the products they stock, and always offer advice with a smile.
- Well-priced. At the end of the day, everyone appreciates great value. The best city pharmacies in Canberra are well-priced, and that goes for prescription medications, gifts, and beauty.
Do you have anything to add to our list? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
The Top 4 City Pharmacies in Canberra
Here’s our list of the top 4 city pharmacies in Canberra.
1. Bounce Pharmacy
A boutique chemist situated in the Canberra Centre’s Upper Food Hall, Bounce Pharmacy truly is a one-stop shop for all your health and beauty needs. Home to a curated range of specialist beauty products and healthcare services, it’s no wonder Bounce is one of the most popular pharmacies in Canberra.
In addition to their comprehensive healthcare services – including blood pressure monitoring, medication packing, and the National Diabetes Services Scheme – Bounce stocks a variety of hard-to-find beauty products. Discover Becca, Bite Beauty, NYX, Nails Inc., Mode, and more.
Open 7 days a week, you simply cannot go wrong with Bounce Pharmacy.
2. City Market Chemist
Fantastically located in the Canberra Centre mall on Level G, City Market Chemist is a fool-proof pharmacy option. Open 7 days a week, this popular pharmacy stocks the latest in healthcare and beauty.
With a team of highly competent, proactive staff, a trip to City Market Chemist is always a success. Whether you need healthcare advice, to pick up your prescription, or are looking to try a new vitamin, you will discover the product you need here.
3. Chemist on Northbourne
On the corner of Alinga St & Northbourne Ave, you will find Chemist on Northbourne. A quick and easy place to pick up over-the-counter and prescription drugs, Chemist on Northbourne is a firm favourite among locals.
One of the best selling points of Chemist on Northbourne is the staff. Friendly and capable, the chemist’s floor staff and pharmacists are always happy to talk through your questions and concerns and offer their professional advice.
Chemist on Northbourne is open 7 days until 11pm.
4. Develins City Chemist
Develin’s City Chemist is located right near Canberra Central on Garema Place. Open 7 days – with limited opening hours on Sunday – Develin’s is a convenient option if you work in the city centre.
With a focus on healthcare, this central pharmacy offers a comprehensive range of medications, prescription drugs, and vitamins. If you need help making the right choice, their friendly staff would be more than happy to assist.
Your Experience with City Pharmacies in Canberra
Share your feedback on city pharmacies in Canberra in the comments section below.