Looking for a secure and affordable place to park your car in Canberra? We have you covered.
Canberra is a bustling city packed full of restaurants, cafes, attractions, and offices. Thousands of people head to the nation’s capital daily for work or leisure – and most of those people need somewhere to park their vehicle.
After chatting with the locals and conducting our own research, we’ve come up with this list of the top three car parks in Canberra. These parking stations are safe, convenient, and won’t break the bank.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What makes an excellent car park?
Most of us don’t pay a second thought to where we park our car. As long as it’s located close to where we are going, we don’t really care. Despite this, we suggest keeping an eye out for the following traits as these will improve your car parking experience:
- Fairly priced. Parking in the city centre can be costly – there’s no denying it. If budget is a top concern, look for a car park that’s priced fairly.
- Your car is most likely one of your most valuable possessions. Don’t leave it vulnerable in a dodgy car park.
- Plenty of free space. Is there anything more frustrating than driving around in circles looking for a parking spot? Sometimes the best parking lot is the one with ample free spaces.
- Suitable hours. Some car parks are open 24 hours, seven days a week. Others are closed on weekends. Double-check that the car park you are headed to is open for business.
- Flexible payment options. If, for example, you work in the city, it could be worth investigating car parks that offer discounted weekly or monthly rates.
The best car parks in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
It’s time to introduce which three car parks are preferred by Canberra’s locals.
Situated at 148 Bunda St, Canberra, Canberra Centre Car Park is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including public holidays. Offering convenient access to Target and Petrie St (where you’ll find Aldi), this central car park is a top choice for those visiting Canberra city.
Located at 1 Allsop St, City West Car Park is yet another good option. Do keep in mind, however, that City West Car Park is closed on weekends and public holidays. On weekdays, it is open between 6:00 AM and 11:00 PM. One of the main benefits of City West Car Park is that it offers a weekly parking rate, making it a top choice for those that work nearby.
At 33 Allara St, Civic, you’ll find a Wilson Parking car park that provides affordable and secure parking for your vehicle. This central car park offers casual parking, weekend parking, and early-bird parking rates, making it a versatile parking solution that’s both easy and cost-effective.
Your experience with car parks in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Where do you park when visiting Canberra? Let us know in the comments area below.