Most of us spend the majority of our waking hours in our place of work. Accordingly, we want our workplace to be comfortable and supportive. Unfortunately, things don’t always work out that way.
Experienced employment lawyers can help with all legal workplace matters, including discrimination and harassment, dispute resolution, privacy issues, workers’ compensation, and workplace health and safety.
Because these are serious issues that should not be taken lightly, it is essential to find an employment lawyer that is not only qualified, but also up-to-date with changes to workplace law.
In this article, we’ll share two top-quality employment lawyers servicing workers in the Canberra region. We believe these firms achieve the best possible outcomes for their valued clients, and can help you, too, with all thing work-related.
What Makes a Reliable Employment Lawyer
Employment law is complex and ever-changing, and matters of workplace fairness and safety must be dealt with professionally. Finding a reliable employment lawyer isn’t always easy. We’ve come up with a few key traits to look out for on your search.
- Qualified and knowledgeable. Law is a profession that requires years of study and on-the-job training. The best employment lawyers are fully qualified, and have specialist expertise in areas of employment. They keep up-to-date with changes to the law and can help you make the most of your situation.
- Experienced. Leading employment lawyers have seen it all before. They know exactly how to get out of difficult situations and can take you on a proven path to a positive outcome. What’s more, their experience gives them an invaluable insight into workplace culture.
- Prompt. Sometimes, legal matters are urgent. If that is the case for you, look for an employment lawyer that can get the job done fast. If it isn’t urgent, you still want legal help that adheres to deadlines and never lets you down.
- Thorough. Attention to detail is a key trait in a good lawyer. They need to know the ins and outs of your situation as well as the nuances and complexities of employment laws and employee rights.
- Compassionate. At the end of the day, look for a lawyer who has compassion for your case. Otherwise, they may not be fully invested in achieving the optimal outcome for you.
Do you agree with this list? If you have anything to add, feel free to share in the comments section below.
The Top Two Employment Lawyers in Canberra
The following businesses are not rated in any particular order, but have been included based on our readers feedback.
Situated in the heart of Canberra, Bradley Allen Love (BAL) is a law firm with expertise in both employment law and industrial relations.
Their friendly, qualified team can offer qualified advice, expertise, professional help, and proactive solutions relating to workplace matters for individuals, commercial enterprises, government and non-government organisations, and industry associations.
In addition, the committed team at BAL lawyers can conduct workplace investigations regarding matters of bullying and harassment.
BAL is one of the best employment lawyers in Canberra. You can rest easy knowing you have an experienced and knowledgeable legal professional on your side.
With a deep understanding of the law and regulatory landscape in Australia, Meyer Vandenberg Lawyers provide you with the edge you need to win the best possible outcome.
Their team – with expertise in employment law – prides themselves on offering the high-quality service you might expect from a national firm, with the customer service and tailored solutions of a smaller firm.
Not only do Meyer Vandenberg Lawyers want to achieve the desired outcome for their client, they also want to provide a cost-effective solution. For the best of both worlds, you cannot go wrong with Meyer Vandenberg.
Your Experience with Employment Lawyers in Canberra
Have you had experience with an employment lawyer in Canberra? Share your feedback belowIn this article, we’ll share two top-quality employment lawyers servicing workers in the Canberra region. We believe these firms achieve the best possible outcomes for their valued clients, and can help you, too, with all thing work-related.