Are you renovating your floors or building a new home? Choosing a floor can be a daunting task. There are so many flooring options on the market, from timber to bamboo, to tiles and vinyl. Expert advice to guide you through the process will ensure a result you will be happy with for years.
Flooring has a big impact on the style and aesthetic of your home, and the functionality of the space. Hard floors are more suited to high traffic areas, while carpet is often the choice for bedrooms. These decisions depend on where you live and your stage of life.
Choosing the right flooring specialist is the first and possibly most important decision you’ll make. To help you find the best option for you, we’ve put together this list of the top flooring specialists in the Canberra region.
What makes a good and reliable flooring specialist?
Let’s explore some of the key factors to think about when choosing a flooring specialist in Canberra.
- Wide range. Look out for a flooring company that offers the widest range possible. Do they stock the latest products? Do they offer eco-friendly innovations? A comprehensive showroom allows you to see your floor in person and get an idea of what it will look like in your home.
- Expert advice. An experienced flooring specialist will guide you towards the best possible solution for your space, while appreciating your unique taste and requirements.
- Quality installation. Poor installation can impact the look of your floor and its performance over time. Look for a company that uses reliable, experienced installers. Don’t be afraid to ask to see examples of their work.
- Price. Buying a floor is a major purchase. Once you choose your floor, take the time to get a few quotes. Keep in mind that price isn’t everything: reliability and service are important, too. The take home is, be sure you get the right floor at the right price.
- Reliability. When renovating or building, delays cause frustration and can cost money. It’s important that contractors show up on schedule. Make it clear from the start that you expect reliable service.
The Top 3 Flooring Specialists in Canberra
After doing some research, we’ve come up with this list of the top 3 flooring specialists in Canberra. Let’s get started.
Years of experience and over 33 stores Australia wide make FloorWorld a sound choice for your flooring needs. All stores are locally owned and operated, giving you the range of a big company with the service of a smaller store.
Get a free measure and quote or assessment of your house plans as part of FloorWorld’s great service. Floor World is conveniently located in Mitchell and Fyshwick, and open Monday to Saturday.
2. Choices Flooring
Launched back in 1993, Choices Flooring has stood the test of time. They now boast over 140 stores Australia wide.
Choices Flooring pride themselves on taking a holistic approach to helping you with your flooring needs. Their staff have specialist training in interior design and consider the overall style of your home to find the perfect flooring solution. Stores are located in Belconnen, Fyshwick and Mitchell and operate Monday to Saturday
Lemons is a locally owned and operated business with stores located in Fyshwick and Goulburn. Lemons has over 20 years of experience providing flooring solutions to Canberrians.
They offer a large range of Australian-made floor coverings. Get a good idea of what your floor will look like with full roll displays – they have over 700 rolls in stock.
Lemons values expert training in both sales and installation and offers the latest in product design and technology, including fantastic eco-style ranges. They are open 7 days a week, including Sundays from 10.30am to 2.30pm.
Your Experience with Flooring Specialists in Canberra
Have you used any of the businesses listed above? Do you have a flooring specialist to recommend, or not? Let us know about your experience below.