Need a few odds and ends repaired, moved, or installed? A good quality handyman can get the job done.
Broad service handymen are incredibly useful and can help you overcome issues around the home: think re-grouting tiles, installing a new sink, filling a hole in a plaster wall, and other small jobs.
Finding a great handyman can be a challenge. To help guide your search, we’ve consulted our readers’ feedback and have come up with a reliable list of helpful handymen in Canberra.
Ready to find out more?
What Makes a Great Handyman?
Your home – or investment property – is one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make. The last thing you want is some unqualified person poking around, performing subpar installations, and providing shortcut solutions.
When looking for the best handymen in the Canberra area, keep an eye out for the following traits.
- Experience. The best handymen boast years of on-the-job experience. They’ve seen it all before and know exactly how to tackle tricky issues.
- Respectful. Chances are, you’ll be inviting your chosen handyman into your home. It is essential they treat you, your property, and your belongings with the upmost respect.
- Knowledgeable. You want a handyman that can spot bigger issues and perform thorough fixes that can minimise future damage. Household problems left over time can become dangerous, and are usually expensive to fix.
- On time and prompt. The best handymen turn up on time, every time. Then, they get the work done on schedule. That means no waiting around so you can get back to your busy schedule.
- Well priced. There’s no denying it – we all want a bargain. When looking for a handyman to help with your household jobs, look for someone that has priced their services fairly.
- Qualifications. While not all handymen have qualifications, the best in the business have legitimate experience working under a number of disciplines – from plumbing and building, to gardening and beyond.
The Top Three Handymen in Canberra
Our readers have spoken. Here are their top picks for handymen in the Canberra region. Give these guys a call and expect a fantastic service.
1. Dan’s Handyman Maintenance and Repairs
Dan’s Handyman Maintenance and Repairs is one of Canberra’s favourite handymen. Dan can truly do it all – from plumbing, electrical, and construction, to gardening, kitchen installations, and re-flooring.
Dan works to ensure he can offer his valued clients a thorough service at an affordable price. Plus, he will happily carry out any small odd jobs that need doing around the house.
One of our commenters, Anne33, has used Dan’s services in the past. “I recommend Dan’s Handyman Maintenance and Repairs in Belconnen,” she wrote. “Dan installed my kitchen, and hung some doors for me. I have used him a few times and am always happy with the result. He does a range of home and garden maintenance jobs and offers free quotes.”
2. Super Construction & Maintenance Services
Looking for a local, fully-qualified handyman in Canberra? Super Construction & Maintenance Services are one of the best, and have been lending their services to Canberra residents for over 7 years.
Dedicated to providing a reliable, prompt, and professional service, Super Construction can help you out with everything from your back fence to your front porch, kitchen, bathroom, and everything in between.
Reader jamielcooke highly recommends Super Construction & Maintenance Services. “They did an excellent job preparing our house in Spence for sale,” they said. “. Great choice for anyone who has a range of things that need to be done around the house and wants one team that can do it all. We are extremely pleased with their work!”
3. Kenro Services
If your household problems are a little more complex and heavy-duty, consider the team at Kenro Services. Specialising in renovation and new homes, their team have assisted home-owners in the Canberra region for more than 30 years.
JazzyJess used their services in the past. “I used Kenro earlier in the year and was happy with the price and service.”
Have You Used a Handyman in Canberra?
If so, share your experience in the comments section below.