If you’re like most people, chances are you enjoy relaxing with a hot shower at the end of a long day. Fast and easy access to steaming hot water is something many take for granted in their homes and workplaces – that is, until something goes wrong.
So whether you have no hot water at all, your hot water system is suddenly making a lot of noise, or there’s a strange odour coming from your hot water faucet, it’s time to schedule a hot water system repair with your local plumber.
But what should you look for in a plumber, and where can you find the best hot water system repairers in Canberra? Keep reading to find all the answers you need.
What makes a great hot water system repairer?
Most hot water system repairers in Canberra are licensed plumbers. But did you know that not all plumbers are experts in fixing hot water systems?
To get your hot water system back up and running as soon as possible, we recommend choosing a technician with the following traits:
- Hot water repair experience. You’re more likely to get a fantastic hot water repair service from a technician with years of experience. They will have seen it all before and know exactly how to remedy any issues you’re facing.
- Reliable and respectful of your property. A plumber should arrive on time and ready to work. The best treat customers’ homes like their own – this means keeping mess and disruption to a minimum while being careful with your belongings.
- Effective communication. You shouldn’t need a plumbing qualification to understand what your plumber is talking about. A great plumber is willing to discuss the job at a level you can understand.
- Transparent pricing. Your plumber should be upfront with you about how much things will cost. Quotes and invoices should be transparent, with no unexpected fees or charges.
- Quality parts and products. While using cheaper parts will save money in the short term, they generally don’t last as long and will need to be replaced sooner. For longevity and real value for money, look for a plumber that uses the best part or product for the job – not the one that costs the least.
The top hot water system repair services according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
As a national 2019 Telstra Business Award winner and an ACT licenced plumber, Water Tight Canberra has a glowing reputation for delivering outstanding plumbing services – including repairing and replacing hot water systems – in the ACT and region.
Its local team specialises in everything from solar hot water and electric storage hot water units through to gas storage and heat pumps. If you have a hot water system problem, they have the expertise to solve it quickly and professionally.
Here’s what customer Allan had to say about his experience with Water Tight Canberra: “I arrived at my townhouse on a Friday afternoon at about 1:30 after a week away to find that the hot water service had sprung a leak… I called Water Tight and a representative (Tom) was here within an hour. After an inspection and quotation Tom undertook to replace the HWS that day and did so with two other members of staff… I would recommend Water Tight to anyone with an urgent plumbing problem.”
ACT licenced plumber: 2017441
Canberra Plumbing and Drains is a local, family owned business with over 15 years of experience repairing and installing hot water systems. Its skilled and qualified team is ready to repair or replace your electric or gas hot water systems quickly and cost-effectively.
Here’s what happy customer Sean had to say about Canberra Plumbing and Drains in a website testimonial: “My hot water unit was on its last legs and with a family of five I was keen to have it replaced. I had a technician visit the same day to inspect the unit and reassure me it wouldn’t burst!!! I then had a replacement unit installed the following day. The team were professional, they explained the options that were available and that would suit my family needs and they installed the unit without fuss. Best customer service I have received during my first 12 months in Canberra – highly recommend them.”
Laser Plumbing Queanbeyan was founded in 2000 by Canberra locals Jason Tait and Andrew Miller. Offering same day service for plumbing emergencies, its team is committed to excellent customer service and high quality results. Whether you need your hot water system repaired or replaced, Laser Plumbing Queanbeyan is here to assist.
Customer Carolie shared her experience with Laser Plumbing as a website testimonial: “Laser Plumbing are nothing short of brilliant and a pleasure to deal with. We use their services for emergency callouts, as well as ordinary day-to-day services for our properties.”
Water and energy saving tips
A well-maintained hot water system can reduce your power and water bills while also saving water. If you’d like to reduce your electricity bill even further, check that your hot water system thermostat is not set too high. According to Icon Water, adding cold water to very hot water to make it warm is a waste of water and energy.