The best mobile phone repair services in Canberra

137

In this day and age, we can’t live without our mobile phones. So, if yours breaks, you’ll want to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, finding a mobile phone repair service that’s both reliable and affordable is no easy task. In fact, many of us have had experience with shoddy repair jobs that cost an arm and a leg and just don’t last.

To help you on your search, we’ve done a little snooping and come up with this list of a few things you should look out for in a great mobile phone repair service, as well as a guide to the best ones in Canberra.

What makes a great mobile phone repair service?

Not sure what you’re looking for in a mobile phone repair service? Here are a few starting points:

• Specialist technicians. Smartphones and tablets are complex electronics that require expertise. Look for a mobile phone repair company that’s run by technicians with real knowledge and experience.
  • Affordable services.No one wants to overpay for a service. The best mobile repair services in Canberra are affordable.
  • Fast turnaround. Like we mentioned above, most of us can’t live without our phones for long. You want a repair service with a quick turnaround – guaranteed.
  • Long-lasting repairs. What’s the point of getting your phone repaired if it’s only going to break a few months down the track?
  • Great customer service. You should feel comfortable and confident in your technician’s ability to make the necessary repairs. You should also feel like you can approach them with any questions or concerns.

The best mobile phone repair services in Canberra

RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.

To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.

iFixPhones

iFixPhones promises hassle free service and competitive pricing for all repairs, and go the extra mile for your convenience by offering a free quote, a 30-minute guarantee on most iPhone repairs, free pick-up and delivery service across Canberra, and a 6-month warranty on all repairs.

See what Facebook user Maddie Jane Davis had to say about their experience with iFixPhones in this review, “I could not recommend Louie enough, he was incredibly fast with the repair of iPhone 6 Plus and worked out a time that best suited me as quickly as possible. Great customer service, 5 out of 5 stars. Thank you for your expertise and knowledge and extra advice!”

HappyTel

The team behind Happy Tel understand just how important your mobile device is in your personal and business life. That’s why they work hard to make the repair experience quick, easy, and reliable. Incredibly, the technicians at Happy Tel repair more than 2,500 mobile phones across the country each and every day.

Belinda Crooks, writes in their Google review, It was hard to hear as the speaker in my phone had got lots of build-up in it. These guys took the time to clean it for me & it now works as good as new! And they didn’t charge me as they said it didn’t take much time. Totally recommend these guys to anyone, so happy!”

Express Phone Repairs

Express Phone Repairs promises fast results and total convenience. They’ll come out to your home or office and pick up your phone for you – no need to leave the house! The technicians at Express Phone Repairs can troubleshoot and fix all issues affecting smartphones and tablets from all major manufacturers. What’s more, they also do carrier unlocking, so that you can secure a better mobile phone plan.

As Google reviewer Abdul Saeed Thaheem writes, 5 stars. One of the most reliable, professional and friendly team. Fast and great service. Thanks for your help!”

Need more help with your devices? Check out our article on the best computer repair services in Canberra for a helpful guide.

Your experience with mobile phone repair services in Canberra

Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.

Have you had your phone in Canberra? We’d love to know how it went. Share your experience in the comments section below.

Frequently Asked Questions

How long does phone repair take?
This depends on the issue – hardware problems like a broken screen or blocked speakers, for example, usually take around 30 minutes to repair, while software issues can take a bit longer.
Is it worth replacing my phone screen?
Yes. Repairing a broken screen will never cost as much as an entirely new phone, but if you’re not sure, the technician should be able to give you a quote before you book in.
Is my phone safe if I leave it at the repair shop?
Absolutely. While technicians may require your passcode in order to test software functions like Bluetooth and camera, they are not allowed to and will not access your private data.
Do mobile phone repair shops use original parts?
No. Most mobile phone companies like Apple, Samsung and Sony do not manufacture or sell parts – they are only design and engineering companies. Therefore, mobile phone repair shops need to purchase parts from vendors who also sell to those companies in order to find parts that are compatible with your phone.

137 Responses to The best mobile phone repair services in Canberra
Lazy I Lazy I 2:27 pm 06 Jul 10

What a load of crap. People can buy whatever the hell they want as a phone, just because you see no use in the additional features doesn’t make them useless.

I wouldn’t buy another phone that didn’t do email or GPS ever again, they are features I now use on a daily basis and not something I see as ‘extraneous BS’.

Your rant can be applied to any tangible possession. Why use a mobile? just use a landline.. you don’t really _need_ a mobile.. and you could *GASP* save money!

Erg0 Erg0 2:25 pm 06 Jul 10

Why even bother with calls and texts, nobody really needs those functions when they’re out of the house. Carry 40c in your pocket, that’s even cheaper than a mobile.

gospeedygo gospeedygo 1:53 pm 06 Jul 10

Sammy said :

Oh the joys of new technology and lack of support options. Good Luck

Actually, there are a myriad of support options. But they all cost money. So unless you’re one of those people who constantly expect something for nothing, then there’s no problem.

Or people could just buy mobile phones that make/receive calls/texts minus the extraneous BS they don’t really need so they could *GASP* save money.

/rant

Sammy Sammy 9:30 am 06 Jul 10

Oh the joys of new technology and lack of support options. Good Luck

T1G3R T1G3R 11:08 pm 05 Jul 10

Put in a service repair ticket at apple support website, they’ll pay for the postage they’ll fix it if its under warranty and if worst case scenario it’ll cost 250 bucks for a refurbished phone. It took me less than a week to get mine back which had a busted mic. Didn’t know i had warranty under it still so it was a nice suprise to see i didnt have to foot a bill haha.

WonderfulWorld WonderfulWorld 9:02 pm 05 Jul 10

Oh the joys of new technology and lack of support options. Good Luck

Dork Dork 7:31 pm 05 Jul 10

I got mine fixed a couple weeks ago and all was going well, except then today i dropped it and the whole screen came out.
but i just pushed it back in, then tapped it a few times, and it seems to have stuck so that’s okay with me.
$150 at the little stall in woden next to the fruit shop and the knife shop.
Though the guy was pretty rude, they were very quick, only half an hour.

Pork Hunt Pork Hunt 6:01 pm 05 Jul 10

Sammy said :

Another tidbit for iPhone owners. If you have dust under your screen, and it’s still in warranty, Apple will replace it for free.

Just what I always wanted, free dust…

Davo111 Davo111 5:24 pm 05 Jul 10

gospeedygo said :

If you do decide to be adventurous and do it yourself try: http://www.ifixit.com/

another vote for ifixit. I did the replacement battery job using ebay + instructions from ifixit. Now it lasts longer than it did when i got it new!

gospeedygo gospeedygo 3:53 pm 05 Jul 10

TAD TAD 1:30 pm 05 Jul 10

If you have no joy locally, I can recommend sending it to http://www.fixpod.com.au/

I’ve used them twice and was very happy with the job and turnaround.

Sammy Sammy 1:15 pm 05 Jul 10

Lilli Lilli 1:10 pm 05 Jul 10

Same story over here.. the glass looks pretty and all but isn’t all that functional!

From memory, the place at Belconnen quoted about $100-$120. It also depends on whether you’ve just smashed the glass or the digitizer as well (does the “touch” still work underneath the glass? If so – then it’s just the glass broken, if not then the digitiser will be gone too).

http://www.iphonedoctor.com.au are currently offering replacement 3G/3GS glass digitsers for $100 and only use genuine parts. Good luck 🙂

Genie Genie 11:19 am 05 Jul 10

I’ll keep you posted.. I’ll get it done this week !

Lazy I Lazy I 11:06 am 05 Jul 10

Definitely keep us updated on how you go. I have one with a smashed screen stored away. Was planning to take it to Brisbane/Sydney with me next time I made the trip as plenty of places there will do a while you wait service (I am also not keen on sending it away).

$300 option isn’t bad.. might end up doing that if no one can be found locally at a decent price.

Genie Genie 10:53 am 05 Jul 10

Hmmm thanks anyway Sammy but my iPhone is only about 6 months old.. The only tatty thing about it is the screen. I’m looking for the cheapest option possible.

I’ll check out the store in Belconnen and find out if they use genuine parts or not, Since i’m most definitely not tech savvy enough to try and fix it myself.

Sammy Sammy 10:11 am 05 Jul 10

When my wife smashed hers, Apple replaced it with a fresh one for about $300. They send out a new one, and then you send back the old one in the included reply-paid package, so you are never without a phone. You get a ‘new’ phone (the internals are refurbished, but you’ll never see those), so if your phone was starting to look tatty anyway, this is not a bad option.

You want to go down to “9. My iPhone is not under warranty”. To get the express service, you have to pay the ‘ARS Charge’ (Advance Replacement Service’ and the ‘Out-of-Warranty Service Fee’. The ‘Cover Charge’ gets charged to your credit card if you never send back the broken iPhone.

JessP JessP 9:26 am 05 Jul 10

Think there is a repairer in Woden as well…outisde the 3 phone shop or in that area??

sneaky sneaky 8:51 am 05 Jul 10

There’s a little store that sells phone accessories on the top floor of the Belconnen mall (near the concierge) that yesterday I happened to see with a sign saying they can repair broken iphone screens. No idea about price, but I can’t imagine it being that much…

dvaey dvaey 8:50 am 05 Jul 10

Depending on how tech-savvy you are, you can buy replacement parts on ebay from Hong Kong, for about $2 and do the job yourself in an hour or two with no labour cost.

1 2 3 7 Next »