Best of Canberra

Experts in Wills, Trusts
& Estate Planning

The Best Mobile Phone Repairs in Canberra

129

In this day and age, we can’t live without our mobile phones. So, if yours breaks, you’ll want to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, finding a mobile phone repair service that’s both reliable and affordable is no easy task. In fact, many of us have had experience with shoddy repair jobs that cost an arm and a leg and just don’t last.

To help you on your search, we’ve done a little snooping and come up with this list of the best mobile phone repair businesses in Canberra. These guys are smartphone and tablet specialists – from iPhones to Samsung devices and everything in between.

So, without further ado, let’s get into it.

What Makes a Reliable Mobile Phone Repair Service?

Not sure what you’re looking for in a mobile phone repair service? Here are a few starting points:

• Specialist technicians. Smartphones and tablets are complex electronics that require expertise. Look for a mobile phone repair company that’s run by technicians with real knowledge and experience.
  • Affordable services.No one wants to overpay for a service. The best mobile repair services in Canberra are affordable.
  • Fast turnaround. Like we mentioned above, most of us can’t live without our phones for long. You want a repair service with a quick turnaround – guaranteed.
  • Long-lasting repairs. What’s the point of getting your phone repaired if it’s only going to break a few months down the track?
  • Great customer service. You should feel comfortable and confident in your technician’s ability to make the necessary repairs. You should also feel like you can approach them with any questions or concerns.

The Top Mobile Phone Repair Services in Canberra according to you

We’ve done some local research and come up with this list of the top three mobile phone repair services in Canberra.

RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.

To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.

Express Phone Repairs

Need your phone repaired fast? Express Phone Repairs are a fantastic option. Not only do they have an incredible turnaround time, but they are also super convenient. They’ll come out to your home or office and pick up your phone for you – no need to leave the house!

The technicians at Express Phone Repairs can troubleshoot and fix all issues affecting smartphones and tablets from all major manufacturers. What’s more, they also do carrier unlocking, so that you can secure a better mobile phone plan.

Happy Tel

The team behind Happy Tel understand just how important your mobile device is in your personal and business life. That’s why they work hard to make the repair experience quick, easy, and reliable.

Incredibly, the technicians at Happy Tel repair more than 2,500 mobile phones across the country each and every day.

Mobile Works

Why choose Mobile Works? They claim to be Canberra’s most trusted phone and tablet repair specialists. They understand the complexities behind both software and hardware issues.

The team at Mobile Works will come to your property to collect your device. From there, they diagnose the issue and aim to return the phone or tablet – fully repaired – in a matter of minutes.

Your Experience with Mobile Phone Repair Services in Canberra

Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.

Have you had your phone in Canberra? We’d love to know how it went. Share your experience in the comments section below.

What’s Your opinion?

129 Responses to
The Best Mobile Phone Repairs in Canberra
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
qbninthecity 10:54 am 17 Sep 13

Do not under any circumstances take it to Universal Phone Services in the Canberra Centre. I can, however recommend Happytel upstairs in the Canberra Centre

shirty_bear 10:13 am 17 Sep 13

harvyk1 said :

Try universal phone repair in the city, they are relatively cheap and pretty quick..

What do they say? Cheap, quick, good … pick two.

Having said that, isn’t screen replacement the bread and butter of those phone repair kiosks in every mall in this town?

Rach_13 10:07 am 17 Sep 13

I recently got my S4 fixed in tuggeranong, ‘my happy tel’ I think is the name. The S4s are pretty pricey it cost me $290 which was cheaper than the city or belco who quoted me $300 or more.

Rollersk8r 9:58 am 17 Sep 13

Probably not what you want to hear – but I’ve done several repairs on my Galaxy S2 myself. My phone took a swim in the bath with the kids. Was quoted something like $300 for a new battery and new USB connector. Got the battery on ebay for $20 on ebay – and the USB connector for $6. Was a simple job and it’s like new.

Screen replacement is a trickier job – but youtube has 100s of tutorial videos.

harvyk1 9:41 am 17 Sep 13

thatsnotme 7:59 pm 01 May 12

Sic said :

A two year old iPhone is a worthless peice of crap anyway, if for no other reason than the battery will be at half or less capacity. No need to ruin the day to day use with a pedantic case to try and keep your resale up.

Who’s worried about resale? The fact is that most people’s phones are part of a 2 year contract with one of the mobile providers, and they may or may not have incremental payments over that 2 years to cover the cost of the phone itself.

Now if you drop and break the phone during that contract, it’s not going to be covered by warranty, and your mobile provider isn’t going to listen to your sob story and either replace your phone or cancel your contract. You’re going to have to pay to get that phone repaired and/or replaced.

Cases aren’t about keeping your phone pretty – they’re about keeping it alive until you have a chance to get a new one.

canberra_love 7:44 pm 01 May 12

There are companies that come to you now in Canberra, check out http://www.smashedapples.com.au or http://www.canberraphonefixer.com.au

I used Smashed Apples 2 weeks ago and I havent had any problems with my iPhone 4S so far!

canberra_love 7:34 pm 01 May 12

You need to watch out for the shopfront iphone repairers, I have had a lot of problems with them whenever my phone breaks. They seem to change prices every time I go back, and promise the world, and deliver very little.

I did use an online company the other day though who drove to my work and fixed my iPhone over lunch. It was cheap at $110 for the front screen of my iPhone 4 and I have had no problems since.

Their website is http://www.smashedapples.com.au and they are Canberra locals if that helps!

Sandman 9:51 pm 29 Apr 12

Disinformation said :

[. Of the five people I know who have their iphones in Defenders, none have suffered damage. .

Make that 6. I spend my days crawling under cars and houses, climbing on ladders and roofs and generally doing things that don’t make my clothes last very long. My iPhone 4 has been in my pocket for the last 20 months and still looks as new as the day I got it. It’s been dropped on concrete multiple times ( and thrown several times by a 2 year old) , had a good 4m fall off a roof onto gravel and generally been subjected to harsh dusty conditions.
All my fashion conscious friends however have had multiple breakages and issues. I’m not trying to keep the phone in museum quality condition for generations to come. I just want it to last the 24 months of my contract till I get a new one and not get ripped off in the meantime by a middle eastern 4 eyes at a kiosk in Woden. $60 well spent and I’d hardly call my phone ugly and cumbersome. (spent 30 minutes looking for it in an out of service area the other day. It was in the top pocket of my polo shirt.)

Disinformation 1:37 pm 27 Apr 12

Solidarity said :

never have.

first one died due to “logic board” failure even though it’d never been dropped. 4 days out of warrenty.

another reason not to bother wasting $60 on some massive cumbersome case.

c’est la vie….

60 dollars? Massive cumbersome case?
You’re out of touch and getting ripped off.
But that’s cool. A phone for me is a tool and not a fashion item.
Just remember to apply your theories to seatbelts and condoms.

Solidarity 1:04 pm 27 Apr 12

never have.

another reason not to bother wasting $60 on some massive cumbersome case.

c’est la vie….

Solidarity 12:56 pm 27 Apr 12

I’d use a case if they weren’t all retardedly huge. It’s a phone, it’s going to get wear and tear. Once it’s worn out, you replace it.

Having a phone in a case is like those old people who never take thier plastic off the sofa, keeping it nice for the next person.

johnboy 12:59 pm 27 Apr 12

I had a significant case on my first iphone and that kept it safe through several edge drops onto concrete.

For my current phone I’ve gone with a rugged design that I don’t have to worry about (motorola defy). happier on balance.

Disinformation 11:23 am 27 Apr 12

Sic said :

Considering that there are businesses that exist purely to repair iphones, it would tend to suggest that as a singular device, they’re relatively fragile. I know people on their fourth iphone from damage alone. Mind you, they don’t use protective cases. Of the five people I know who have their iphones in Defenders, none have suffered damage. Most impressive is the original iphone which is still going strong (other than a battery replacement) despite being given as a toy to a three year old. That was three years ago. So if you buy something that is fragile and don’t have the handling habits which will ensure reliable functioning, a protective case can be a cheap investment. Mind you, about the only one which will survive a dunking is one of the new lifecases.
I don’t have an iphone and never will. I do however look after my phones and even without cases, I have all my functional phones from a 14 year period. Now I have a touch screen phone, it is protected as much as practical.
Mind you, I have a work history of fixing devices broken by the stupid mistakes of other people, so I have a rather low opinion of the average person’s ability to not look after things and a healthy respect for accidental damage.

Sic 10:34 am 27 Apr 12

Disinformation said :

Grail said :

An otter box defender case? I have nothing more than a matte screen protector on my phone. It lives in my pocket, or the phone pocket of my backpack. The only problem I have had was a home button that stopped working. The cases make these phones far too cumbersome to keep on my person.

Just handle it properly.

Let me know how that matte screen protector goes the first time you don’t handle it properly and drop your phone on cement, edge down.

johnboy 10:52 am 27 Apr 12

I gave my old iPhone 3G to my dad when I did my upgrade. He’s not a massive user of the battery intensive stuff but it’s still going strong for him.

Lazy I 9:48 am 27 Apr 12

Scrumpox said :

Apple repairs in Canberra are rubbish. My son spilt a glass of Coke on his MacBook keyboard, went to Mac1 (Canberra Centre and then Fyshwick) and was quoted $2,000 to replace the keyboard (about $900 more than a new MacBook). They also (disturbingly) couldn’t tell the difference between a 15″ and 17″ screen. The other thing was that no-one wants to serve you at the Fyshwick store – lots of older “manager” type guys who go nowhere near the front desk – they leave it to the 18 year old trainee. & you have to wait 30 mins to talk to the trainee. Anyway had it fixed in New York while on holidays for $200 US and received actual customer service.

There is some hope, Mac1 isn’t the only authorised repairer in Canberra, NCSS are up the other end of Gladstone street (opposite side of the road) and I have had success with repairs through them after my own experiences at Mac1.

Another alternative is to organise a day trip to Sydney to the Mac store (make a booking).. that is until our Mac store opens in *cough* shopping centre.

Not sure what compels people to go to glorified phone cover shops to get iPhones fixed when Apple offer their replacement service.

HenryBG 9:10 am 27 Apr 12

G.R.R said :

They didnt fix it after a number of times, so I went back more!

Just in case, I imagine!

Yeah, I like the way he gives them the phone and they bugger it up, so he gives them another $50 and they bugger it up some more, and then they ask for another $100 bugger it up even more.

Scrumpox 11:46 pm 26 Apr 12

I’ve also used the iPhone kiosk in the Canberra Centre for a 3GS repair – seems they use cannibalised parts from other phones in for repair. Heaps of dudes were coming in to pick up phones and they weren’t ready, told to come back in a couple of days. They seemed dodgey but were able to put on a replacement back cover for $100. Not a bad business to get into, seems to be tax free and you don’t have to have any skills.

Muttsybignuts 11:05 pm 26 Apr 12

A mate of mine needed a Ipad repaired ( not at the dud Woden dudes) and when they got it back all their photos had mysteriously been replaced with and African gentleman’s holiday snaps. So yeah, make sure they gave you your own phone back.

G.R.R 7:53 pm 26 Apr 12

They didnt fix it after a number of times, so I went back more!

Just in case, I imagine!

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.