Best of Canberra

Experts in Wills, Trusts
& Estate Planning

The Best Mobile Phone Repairs in Canberra

129

In this day and age, we can’t live without our mobile phones. So, if yours breaks, you’ll want to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, finding a mobile phone repair service that’s both reliable and affordable is no easy task. In fact, many of us have had experience with shoddy repair jobs that cost an arm and a leg and just don’t last.

To help you on your search, we’ve done a little snooping and come up with this list of the best mobile phone repair businesses in Canberra. These guys are smartphone and tablet specialists – from iPhones to Samsung devices and everything in between.

So, without further ado, let’s get into it.

What Makes a Reliable Mobile Phone Repair Service?

Not sure what you’re looking for in a mobile phone repair service? Here are a few starting points:

• Specialist technicians. Smartphones and tablets are complex electronics that require expertise. Look for a mobile phone repair company that’s run by technicians with real knowledge and experience.
  • Affordable services.No one wants to overpay for a service. The best mobile repair services in Canberra are affordable.
  • Fast turnaround. Like we mentioned above, most of us can’t live without our phones for long. You want a repair service with a quick turnaround – guaranteed.
  • Long-lasting repairs. What’s the point of getting your phone repaired if it’s only going to break a few months down the track?
  • Great customer service. You should feel comfortable and confident in your technician’s ability to make the necessary repairs. You should also feel like you can approach them with any questions or concerns.

The Top Mobile Phone Repair Services in Canberra according to you

We’ve done some local research and come up with this list of the top three mobile phone repair services in Canberra.

RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.

To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.

Express Phone Repairs

Need your phone repaired fast? Express Phone Repairs are a fantastic option. Not only do they have an incredible turnaround time, but they are also super convenient. They’ll come out to your home or office and pick up your phone for you – no need to leave the house!

The technicians at Express Phone Repairs can troubleshoot and fix all issues affecting smartphones and tablets from all major manufacturers. What’s more, they also do carrier unlocking, so that you can secure a better mobile phone plan.

Happy Tel

The team behind Happy Tel understand just how important your mobile device is in your personal and business life. That’s why they work hard to make the repair experience quick, easy, and reliable.

Incredibly, the technicians at Happy Tel repair more than 2,500 mobile phones across the country each and every day.

Mobile Works

Why choose Mobile Works? They claim to be Canberra’s most trusted phone and tablet repair specialists. They understand the complexities behind both software and hardware issues.

The team at Mobile Works will come to your property to collect your device. From there, they diagnose the issue and aim to return the phone or tablet – fully repaired – in a matter of minutes.

Your Experience with Mobile Phone Repair Services in Canberra

Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.

Have you had your phone in Canberra? We’d love to know how it went. Share your experience in the comments section below.

What’s Your opinion?

129 Responses to
The Best Mobile Phone Repairs in Canberra
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
srcyb 4:50 pm 02 Mar 15

As a fellow Samsung user I HIGHLY recommend Mobile Repair Central near Big W at Woden.

I smashed my screen and got a worse than rubbish $350 replacement from Universal Phone Services in Canberra Centre. When I told them the repair hadn’t worked properly and the screen now had ‘dead zones’ they told me it would cost another $200 to fix :/ I decided to try Mobile Repair Central and
go with a ‘refurbished’ screen as it was much cheaper, but when I wasn’t happy with how that turned out, gave me a great price on a new one and did labour for free. I had some problems with it over a year later and they then fixed it for free. Great service and really helpful.

maxblues 8:28 am 14 Nov 13

Ben_Dover said :

Thanks to all who replied sensibly.

It’s now with Happytel at Belco, will feed back on the job they do.

Good to see you getting back into the Act, Bendy…any chance of the promised feedback?

HenryBG 8:48 pm 27 Oct 13

maxblues said :

The mystery of the cracked phone and the missing Dover…

I reckon the old bugger is starting to feel his age.

Maybe you could get a bigger screen and stronger glasses, BenD ?

maxblues 2:40 pm 27 Oct 13

The mystery of the cracked phone and the missing Dover…

maxblues 7:32 pm 01 Oct 13

Ben_Dover said :

Thanks to all who replied sensibly.

It’s now with Happytel at Belco, will feed back on the job they do.

Dear Hon Mr Dover Esq, what happened to the feedback on HappyTel? Did it have a happy ending?

justin heywood 10:56 pm 19 Sep 13

DUB said :

Ben_Dover, Universal is owned by Israelis, if I were you I’d go with other suggestions.
Be selective not just price wise, but also think of WHO owns the business before you support it.

WTF?

La_Tour_Maubourg 10:13 pm 19 Sep 13

Do not even think of Universal in Woden.. Phone screen damaged and replaced however furthe problems arose. Upon taking the phone to the phone place outside Big W Woden, they revealed to me that the battery and other internals has been salvaged and replaced with cheap aftermarket parts.

The repairer in Gungahlin Woolworths building..the kiosk is also dodgy. Screen also replaced there by a crap screen that slides off. The touch sensor was also out of sync for a while.

Cash only and no receipt.

Are the genuine parts being stripped and sent to Israel?

T1G3R 3:36 pm 19 Sep 13

I know im late to the party but philip station in woden across the burger joint and nandos n what not are GREAT! Friendly service, looks after u, warranty provided, very fast service. My samsung s3 screen was heavily damange and he replaced it at a decent price (the lcd’s are crazily over priced for sammies) in less than 20 minutes. Gave me a discount and screen protector. I am a very happy customer!

Ben_Dover 5:33 pm 17 Sep 13

Thanks to all who replied sensibly.

It’s now with Happytel at Belco, will feed back on the job they do.

Hessa_Luna 2:45 pm 17 Sep 13

One dark day my darling youngest son dropped my ipad and the screen shattered. Angelo at GeekLABS did a great job replacing the screen. It was ready the next day I think, and the cost was reasonable too. I’m sure they replace screens for phones and would probably do Samsungs. They do all sorts of computer repair work, and I had a laptop repaired by them about a month ago. They are in Fyshwick now, if that is not too far for you to go?

qbninthecity 1:03 pm 17 Sep 13

jett18 said :

DUB said :

I have used these guys many times and recommended their services to others who have been extremely happy with price and service. They are professional and offer you advise and honest opinions.
So, please Ben_Dover, enlighten us all as to why their nationality makes a difference in whether they are proficient in their business and service.

Hmm, well I’ve found the complete opposite with Universal Phone Services. First time the phone was bought in, whatever they claimed to have done didn’t fix the issue, and then after taking it back they somehow managed to “misplace” said phone. Days later get the phone back and the issue still not fixed, took the phone straight upstairs to Happytel and the issue was resolved in minutes and have no further issues since.

Pitchka 12:42 pm 17 Sep 13

jett18 said :

DUB said :

Learn how to quote properly numb skull, Ben_Dover didnt post that!!!!

jett18 12:22 pm 17 Sep 13

DUB said :

JackW01 12:19 pm 17 Sep 13

If u do decide to get any phone repaired just remember if it is not repaired by an authorized repairer you will automatically void your warrenty. The choice is yours though I would suggest taking it back to your phone dealer. You may have to send it away to get repaired but at least you are garunteed legit repairs and still have warrenty … Choice is yours

JackW01 12:14 pm 17 Sep 13

I agree what does nationality have to do with anything?

Ben_Dover 12:09 pm 17 Sep 13

DUB said :

Does nationality make a difference in phone repair then? Weird as!!

DUB 11:52 am 17 Sep 13

Felix the Cat 11:37 am 17 Sep 13

There’s a phone repair kiosk at Gungahlin town centre near Woolies. I’ve never used them so can’t comment on the quality of service.

Ben_Dover 11:29 am 17 Sep 13

Happytel seems to have the edge at the moment, any other thoughts folks?

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.