Osteopathy is a popular form of alternative medical treatment that involves a number of restorative approaches: manual therapy, massage, exercise, lifestyle advice, and more. Many visit an osteopath to help relieve pain and discomfort.
Here in Australia, osteopaths are government registered, and must hold university training in several medical and healthcare fields.
If you’re looking to improve your well-being by increasing mobility, minimising tension, and eliminating pain, an osteopath could help. In the article, we’ll share our top picks for osteopaths in the Canberra region.
What Makes an Effective Osteopath?
When looking for an osteopath, keep an eye out for the following must-have traits.
- Necessary registration. Never visit an unregistered osteopath. Government registration ensures your osteopath can provide effective, safe treatment.
- Qualifications. As we mentioned above, osteopaths are required to have some tertiary qualifications in the areas of anatomy, pathology, physiology, and general healthcare.
- A holistic approach. We all know that there is no one-size-fits-all medical treatment. The best osteopaths approach your ailments with a holistic attitude.
- Professional service. As with all medical services, you should feel completely comfortable and confident in your practitioner. They should behave in a friendly yet professional manner.
- A comfortable environment. Some aspects of an osteopathic treatment require you to relax. If you’re in an unclean, strange, or overly clinical environment, you may not be able to get the most out of your appointment.
Agree with our list? Share your thoughts below.
Canberra’s Best Osteopaths
The following businesses are not rated in any particular order, but have been included based on our readers feedback.
Step Into Healthcare is an osteopathy, massage, and Pilates clinic situated in Braddon. Home to a team of committed, registered professionals, Step Into Healthcare provides patients with a holistic, custom-made treatment plan designed to tackle the specific of their musculoskeletal issues.
The team’s goal is to get you pain-free and mobile. Whether your battling a sports injury, have postural problems, or are suffering regular headaches, a visit to Step Into Healthcare could be the answer.
Designed to suit the unique needs of children, adults, and seniors, the treatments offered by the Canberra Osteopathic Clinic can help you achieve total comfort and optimal health.
Every member of the professional team at Canberra Osteopathic Clinic are trained, highly experienced, and registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). You can rest easy knowing your health is in safe hands.
Located in Canberra’s Hackett shops, North Canberra Osteopathy offers pain-relieving osteopathic treatments alongside remedial massage. They also offer emergency appointments in case of severe pain.
With a commitment to customer results and satisfaction, the qualified team is equipped to help you rebalance your body, and restore mobility to your joints, muscles, nerves, and connective tissues.
Have You Tried Osteopathy in Canberra?
Have you had any experience with osteopaths in the Canberra region? Share your story in the comments section below.