Sports injuries and other physical discomforts can be a real pain to get over. The process can be especially taxing if your injury prevents you from undergoing regular, day-to-day activities.
One of the best ways to recover from such an injury is to visit a physiotherapist. A physiotherapist is a medical professional qualified to treat diseases, deformities, and injuries through physical methodologies, such as exercises, massage, and heat treatment. From sore backs to misbehaving knees, a top-quality physio can help.
To assist with your search for a physiotherapist in the Canberra region, we’ve put together this list. After reading through our readers’ feedback and comments, the following clinics are our top picks.
Let’s get straight to it.
What Makes a Reliable Physiotherapist
When it comes to your health, you want the very best. You should always feel like your wellbeing is in safe hands.
To guide you in the right direction, we’d like to share a short list of characteristics and traits we believe all of the best physiotherapists in Canberra have.
- Relevant qualifications. Here in Australia, it takes years of university study and professional training to become a qualified physiotherapist. Then, the graduate must become registered with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia. Finally, all physios must complete 20 hours of refresher training each year.
- Passionate and genuine. The best physiotherapists truly have your best interest at heart, and are passionate about helping their clients overcome life’s hurdles. They take the time necessary to treat every patient with care, and they never rush through appointments.
- Friendly and professional. Most people see their physiotherapists on a regular basis, whether that’s for check-ups, exercises, or massages. Getting along with your physio makes the whole experience much more pleasant.
- Understanding. The best physios are compassionate, and can understand the unique challenge you may face while recovering.
- Effective. Your physiotherapist may be qualified, passionate, and friendly, but if their recommendations and treatments aren’t effective, what’s the point?
Agree with our list? If there’s anything you’d add, let us know below.
The Top 3 Physiotherapists in Canberra
After consulting your feedback and conducting some local research, here are our picks for the top three physiotherapists in the Canberra region.
1. Capital Clinic Physio
Capital Clinic Physio is a reputable physiotherapist clinic that utilises proven treatment techniques to deliver fast relief and long-term recovery.
Committed to the heath and comfort of their clients, they offer qualified team members with a range of expertise. Whether you are suffering from back or neck pain, a sports injury, or would like to visit a specialist with knowledge in women’s health, Capital Clinic is the place for you.
2. Movehappy Physiotherapy
Movehappy Physiotherapy is home to more than four Masters-level qualified physiotherapists, all invested in the proper diagnosis and rehabilitation of their client’s injuries and conditions.
The philosophy behind Movehappy Physiotherapy is simple: treat the cause, not just the pain. This commitment helps clients enjoy greater ease of movement now, and in the long run.
One of our commenters, Padoof, had this to say. “My family have seen about 4 of the physio’s there, we love them!”
3. Hawker Place Physiotherapy and Pilates
The qualified team at Hawker Place Physiotherapy and Pilates offer premium care and industry-leading treatments and prevention methods. Dedicated to staying up-to-date with the latest innovations, Hawker claim to deliver the best possible outcomes for their valued clients.
In addition to physio services, Hawker Place offers clinical Pilates. These classes cater to individuals suffering from various injuries and conditions, and provide a safe and supportive environment to build strength and increase fitness.
Our commenter, meggsy, highly recommends the team at Hawker Place.
Your Experience with Physiotherapists in the Canberra Region
Have you visited any of the physiotherapists listed above? Did they help you correctly diagnose and overcome your injury or discomfort? Would you recommend them to friends and family?
Share your experience in the comments section below.