Buying or selling a house is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make. Be confident that you are using a real estate agent who is knowledgeable and has a team of trustworthy people to guide you though the process.
A great real estate agent can be your new best friend and make the process of buying or selling a lot less stressful. Not to mention improving your chances of a good outcome, whether it be purchasing the right property or achieving a good sale price. Buying and selling property is an expensive exercise and you don’t want any regrets.
What makes a good and reliable real estate agent?
How do you know which real estate is going to be the best? You don’t have to go in blind, take some time to consider some of these qualities.
- Communication. One of the hallmarks of success, communication is key. Good communication occurs when you feel you’re getting all the relevant information you need to make decisions in a timely manner. You don’t want to make a decision you will regret later because you didn’t have all the information. Remember to ask lots of questions.
- Client focused. A good real estate agent puts you first. Make sure you feel respected and listened to.
- Reputation. Ask around and see if you can get any recommendations from friends who have used the agent you are considering. It’s also a good idea to ask a potential agent for references from past clients.
- Knowledgeable. The real estate market can change rapidly and you want an agent who has their finger on the pulse. An agent who isn’t afraid to adapt quickly to market changes will be able to give you timely advice based on current market conditions. Knowledge of the local area is also very useful including access to any services you may need like schools and transport.
- Honesty. A good agent will tell you the truth about a property even if it’s not what you want to hear. They will give you a realistic idea of what you can achieve from the outset. Having an honest opinion about a property you wish to sell or buy will reduce the likelihood of disappointment further down the track.
The Top Real Estate Agents in Belconnen
The following businesses are not rated in any particular order, but have been included based on our readers feedback.
With a history going all the way back to 1958 Independent Property Group has decades of experience in real estate.
Independent in Belconnen offer a full range of services including buying, selling, renting, strata management and property management.
They take great pride in their innovative and multi award-winning team. The excellent service they provide is guided by strong principles including understanding the market, providing numerous sales strategies, advice on presenting your property, being effective negotiators, and having access to a supportive team.
The Peter Blackshaw Belconnen office was opened in 1999 and continues be a great success.
Backed up by the high standards and impeccable reputation of the Peter Blackshaw name the team at Belconnen are proud to offer their clients excellent service in all areas of buying, selling and property management.
Peter Blackshaw is a brand known for embracing the latest in technology while maintaining solid values such as customer service, community engagement and integrity. Their philosophy is “everything we do is for the benefit of our clients.”
Ray White Belconnen “strive to provide a seamless, stress-free real estate experience.” And they succeed based on their strong team of over 40 real estate professionals.
Offering an outstanding range of services including marketing strategies and photography this award winning agency has an impressive record on all fronts including a clearance rate of 90%, a days on market figure that is three weeks below the average, a data base consisting of over 10,000 local contacts and over 1000 rental properties.
You can be guaranteed that Ray White Belconnen have excellent local knowledge with founders Ben Faulks, Sam Faulks and Scott Jackson all born and raised in Belconnen. These proud leaders guide a passionate team that strive to provide excellent service and uphold the solid reputation of Ray White Belconnen.
LJ Hooker Belconnen has been in business for over four decades so rest assured you are getting a wealth of experience when you choose to work with them.
LJ Hooker has a proud history in Australia and recent research has shown that they are Australia’s #1 brand in real estate. Whether you are buying, selling, renting or investing you can count on the reputation of LJ Hooker.
They make the process of managing your real estate easy and stress-free with access to simple to use technology including the innovative “smart office” that improves customer service and streamlines communication. With such a long history, a dedicated team with expert knowledge of the market and the local area, LJ Hooker Belconnen “ticks all the boxes.”
Your experience with real estate agents in Belconnen
Have you had experience with the estate agents listed above? Share your feedback below.
Discover Canberra’s thriving real estate scene right here on RiotACT.
Looking to buy? Find your dream home as you explore our featured property picks. Ready to rent? Uncover the perfect rental property for you and your family. Want to stay in the know? Get all the details on new developments in and around the capital, and keep up-to-date with the latest auction results.
RiotACT is home to all the real estate market information you need to land an incredible deal or discover a potential opportunity. Happy house hunting!