Buying or selling a house is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make. Be confident that you are using a real estate agent who is knowledgeable and has a team of trustworthy people to guide you through the process.
A great real estate agent can be your new best friend and make the process of buying or selling a lot less stressful. Not to mention improving your chances of a good outcome, whether it be purchasing the right property or achieving a good sale price. Buying and selling property is an expensive exercise and you don’t want any regrets.
What makes a good and reliable real estate agent?
How do you know which real estate is going to be the best? You don’t have to go in blind, take some time to consider some of these qualities.
- Communication. One of the hallmarks of success, communication is key. Good communication occurs when you feel you’re getting all the relevant information you need to make decisions in a timely manner. You don’t want to make a decision you will regret because you didn’t have all the information. Remember to ask real estate agents lots of questions.
- Client focused. A good real estate agent puts you first. Make sure you feel respected and listened to.
- Reputation. Ask around and see if you can get any recommendations from friends who have used the agent you are considering. It’s also a good idea to ask a potential agent for references from past clients.
- Knowledgeable. The real estate market can change rapidly and you want an agent who has their finger on the pulse. An agent who isn’t afraid to adapt quickly to market changes will be able to give you timely advice based on current market conditions. Knowledge of the local area is also very useful including access to any services you may need like schools and transport.
- Honesty. A good agent will tell you the truth about a property even if it’s not what you want to hear. They will give you a realistic idea of what you can achieve from the outset. Having an honest opinion about a property you wish to sell or buy will reduce the likelihood of disappointment further down the track.
The Top Real Estate Agents in Belconnen According to You
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
McIntyre Property’s team of highly successful sales agents and property managers are popular with Canberrans because they put people first and property second. Since 2007, the agency has driven sales and achieved real results for its customers.
McIntyre Property’s hard work has not gone unnoticed. This agency has been nominated for and won a number of industry awards, including both the Small and Medium Residential Agency of the Year, and Sales Agent of the Year, by Real Estate Industry ACT.
McIntyre Property’s high standards and communication skills can be seen highlighted in the Google review by Gerard D: “Colin and Kimberly were excellent. They paid attention to what my wife and I wanted and accommodated our needs. After this experience, I wouldn’t recommend anyone else but Colin and I won’t use anyone else myself.”
As one of the Gungahlin region’s leading estate agency, McGrath is committed to delivering the Gungahlin community an unparalleled real estate experience. Its award-winning team of local agents and property investment managers operate at the forefront of the industry and have deep knowledge of the local area.
Opened on Hibberson Street in 2010, McGrath Estate Agents has grown into a collaborative and intelligent real estate services business, underpinned by technology, marketing, support and community. McGrath Estate Agents are driven by service, making it easier for you to buy, sell and lease.
McGrath Estate Agents has achieved over a dozen suburb record sale results in the last eight years. In 2017 it achieved the highest price ever in the Gungahlin region when selling 15 Quinane Avenue, Forde for over $2M. It also operates the largest property investment management portfolio in Gungahlin with $700M in assets under management.
The agency is heavily involved in its community through relationships with schools, charity groups and sponsorships, including a partnership with Gungahlin College.
According to agency principal Craig Chapman, “The reality of today’s fast-paced and connected real estate space calls for quality, innovative and experienced professionals that are aligned with your community. This explains why we are the best choice in Gungahlin.”
Founded by long-time Canberran and former school teacher Holly Komorowski, home.byholly provides a positive, knowledgeable and personal approach to real estate. The boutique agency uses creative and innovative marketing methodology – which is evident in its branding, property videos and website – to make its listings stand out.
Here’s what one seller had to say about Holly’s services on Facebook: “What a great real estate agent! Holly knows the market and has mastered the selling process – great timing, well networked, excellent communication and a delightful team making it all just happen. We are very happy with the outcome and highly recommend her services.”
Belle Properties is an innovative and boutique agency with around 20 team members in Canberra. It’s a full-service agency that caters to premium and middle markets – from simple studio apartments to multi-million-dollar homes.
Belle Properties prides itself on commitment, professionalism and attention to detail.
Discover Canberra’s thriving real estate scene right here on RiotACT.
Looking to buy? Find your dream home as you explore our featured property picks. Ready to rent? Uncover the perfect rental property for you and your family. Want to stay in the know? Get all the details on new developments in and around the capital, and keep up-to-date with the latest auction results.
RiotACT is home to all the real estate market information you need to land an incredible deal or discover a potential opportunity. Happy house hunting!
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Belconnen Real Estate Agents.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Please comment below detailing your experience with Belconnen based Real Estate Agents. Who would you recommend? Who would you use again? Who would you steer clear of?