As Australians, we love spending time in the great outdoors. And, luckily, our country is blessed with almost year-round sunny weather.
Unfortunately, without proper protection, too much fun in the sun can have dire consequences. Australia has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world, and – in addition to sun protection – the best way to keep your skin healthy is by committing to regular skin check-ups.
In this article, we’ll look at the top three skin cancer clinics in Canberra. Our picks were influenced by our readers’ real-life experiences.
Let’s get right to it.
What makes a reliable skin cancer clinic?
Skin cancer should never be taken lightly. When it comes to investing in skin checks, you want to rest easy knowing you’re dealing with the best in the business.
Here are a few traits we believe all the best skin cancer clinics in Canberra have:
- Specialist staff. All staff should possess specialist skin cancer qualifications.
- Experienced staff. The more experienced a doctor is, the quicker they can identify troublesome spots, and recommend an effective treatment.
- The latest equipment. Like other fields of medicine, the technology designed to diagnose and treat skin cancer is advancing at lightning speed. Opt for a clinic that invests in the latest equipment.
- Comfortable. You will have to remove your clothing when getting your skin checked for cancerous moles. You should never feel violated or uncomfortable during this process.
- Bulk-billed. If cost is a factor, look for a skin cancer clinic or specialist GP that bulk bills.
The Top 3 Skin Cancer Clinics in Canberra
After reading through your feedback, we’ve put together this list of the top skin cancer clinics in the Canberra region.
1. Jamison Medical & Skin Cancer Clinic
This private medical practice specialises in skin cancer. With an extremely qualified skin cancer specialist on their team, the clinic offers skin check-ups, mole removals, and other state-of-the-art treatments.
One of our readers, ps0104, had this to say: “I use Jamison Medical and Skin Cancer Clinic. Always been happy and no need for a referral- just ring and make an appt. In my experience, they are not cut happy which I see as a good thing- they make a careful assessment before deciding to go down the removal route rather than simply cutting out anything that looks semi-suspect.”
2. Morris Wellness Practice
As a leading skin care expert in Canberra, Dr Andrew Morris of Morris Wellness is committed to keeping his clients safe and healthy. Using the latest in professional imaging systems, Dr Morris can help diagnose and document early-stage skin cancers.
Our reader, cabbage, has visited Dr Morris for years. “He has the equipment, has done quick surgery on me and has a holistic style if that is important,” they wrote.
3. 360uv Skin Cancer Clinic
As one of the most comprehensive and professionally support skin cancer clinics in Canberra, 360uv is a reliable option. Their qualified staff use specialist technology to identify, document, and remove potentially dangerous skin cancers.
Commenter sportsmum has heard good things about 360uv. “I know two ‘moley’ people who went there and both had melanomas removed after a screening,” she wrote. “I think that have special equipment there that can pick it up.”
Your Experience with Skin Cancer Clinics in Canberra
Do you visit a skin cancer clinic on a regular basis? Share your experience below.