The blue platform boots of murder. A break in the Kathryn Grosvenor killing.

johnboy 15 July 2011 71

blue boots

ACT Policing is urging the woman who bought a pair of electric blue boots from a St Vincent de Paul store in Wagga Wagga to contact police immediately.

On Monday July 11, two women went to the Peter Street St Vincent de Paul store and purchased the platform boots. The shoes are thought to be connected with the murder of Canberra woman Kathryn Grosvenor.

Kathryn Grosvenor, then 23, was last seen at her Nicholls home on Sunday, March 3, 2002. A woman matching her description was seen purchasing a packet of cigarettes at The George Harcourt Inn, Nicholls, just after 9 pm that night.

Kathryn’s body was discovered in Lake Burley Griffin on Saturday, March 9, 2002. She was 178cm tall, with a slim build and long brown/red hair. She was last seen wearing dark coloured hipster pants and electric blue platform shoes.

Police are urging the women to immediately contact their local police station or through Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. Information can be provided anonymously.

A Reward of up to $250,000 will be paid at the discretion of the ACT Minister for Police for information leading to the apprehension and subsequent conviction of the person or persons responsible for the murder of Kathryn Anne Grosvenor.

In addition, an appropriate indemnity from prosecution will be considered for any accomplice, not being the person who actually committed the crime, who first gives the information. The grant of any such indemnity is at the discretion of the ACT Director of Public Prosecutions.

[Courtesy ACT Policing]

71 Responses to The blue platform boots of murder. A break in the Kathryn Grosvenor killing.
Lookout Smithers Lookout Smithers 5:52 pm 19 Jul 11

shadow boxer said :

I blame the cop shows on tv that make forensics out to be something cool, hats off to those that do it but I would imagine it would be one of the most tedious, boring repetitive jobs man has devised and you would very rarely see the outcomes of your handywork.

In other news today a woman threw her shoe at a brick wall in a fit of spontaneous shoe throwing….. Just so we all feel up to date.

Cheers
LS

shadow boxer shadow boxer 2:43 pm 19 Jul 11

Watson Watson 2:40 pm 19 Jul 11

johnboy said :

forensicBOB said :

My team leader has been interviewed by two well known Australian newspapers. He is also known by the owner this Website.

News to me.

But it sounds like you just gained yourself a very powerful friend. His office has won NATIONAL AWARDS! You are a lucky man and I envy you.

Bwahahaha!

The Frots The Frots 2:01 pm 19 Jul 11

johnboy said :

forensicBOB said :

News to me.

Probably news to everyone I’d say JB.

johnboy johnboy 1:53 pm 19 Jul 11

forensicBOB said :

News to me.

forensicBOB forensicBOB 1:46 pm 19 Jul 11

Also, the murder investigation was initially handled by the Coroner’s court. The police were working for the Coroner as were the experts and forensic team.

Game, set and match to me!

What match? You haven’t actually made a point yet. Your claim to fame is that you know someone who may or may not be successful, depending on how much of your story you’ve completely made up i.e. Nobody in the industry makes $2000 an hour. That’s just BS.

I’ve been interviewed by several newspapers myself. I have national awards (OK, just one) in the bottom of my desk drawer (because I don’t need to advertise) and I’ve given presentations at international conferences (OK, just one again), and believe me when I say I’m on the bottom of the heap.

This is the part where you threaten to have your boss tell his friend that I haven’t played nice with you and…OH NO… delete my account. Of course, you should be embarrassed to show your boss what you have written here, but we all know that you’re not that smart.

Thumper Thumper 9:31 am 19 Jul 11

This thread has the potential to become quite hilarious.

Watson Watson 7:44 am 19 Jul 11

forensicBOB said :

The Frots said :

EandIprefix said :

vg said

Are you 100% sure I don’t mix in the right company? 100%. Maybe I have national awards that I didn’t need to team to assist me with.

Nothing more ex than someone who worked in a policing organisation and wasn’t even a cop…..just thinks they were. Police do Police work. Consultants don’t solve crimes….the Police do that

I am sure 100% now from the lack of process knowledge in your reply. The courts require that experts do not work alone. The courst require proof of professional peer review and consultation. The years of news stories on this case remind the reader that both a consultant from the UK was used and a forensic team. In court cases experts and consultants testify and present evidence that is the final word to refute claims on both sides.

This really is a joke isn’t it………………………..yes?

It must be a joke. As an (educated and employed) forensic scientist, I cracked up when I read this. Not only does the answer have no relevance to the original comment, it is actually incorrect. In fact, it is so wrong, it leads me to believe that the author has no knowledge of forensic science whatsoever, but has overheard some big words in the office whilst making coffee and has strung them together to big note themselves.

vg was correct. Police do police work. Deep 😉

Totally unrelated (because that’s where this post was heading anyway), I once had a 2-man forensic team rock up to fingerprint my battered 20yo Subaru after it had been stolen and taken for a joy-ride. It was a definite highlight in my otherwise very mundane existence.

EandIprefix EandIprefix 5:31 am 19 Jul 11

forensicBOB said

vg was correct. Police do police work. Deep

Game, set and match to me!

vg vg 10:03 pm 18 Jul 11

EandIprefix said :

vg said

And when was the trial in this matter?

You’ve never seen an angry man, nor been on the inside of a contested Court matter in your life. You’re, at best, a faux academic.

” The years of news stories on this case remind the reader that both a consultant from the UK was used and a forensic team.”

As well as the actual Police investigators who, unlike the ‘experts’ you assign divinity to, have never given up on the matter. Forensic teams are a stock standard part of any investigation, but I’m guessing you were part of the downsizing in that area

forensicBOB forensicBOB 9:39 pm 18 Jul 11

The Frots said :

EandIprefix said :

vg said

This really is a joke isn’t it………………………..yes?

vg was correct. Police do police work. Deep 😉

The Frots The Frots 7:13 pm 18 Jul 11

EandIprefix said :

vg said

This really is a joke isn’t it………………………..yes?

Lookout Smithers Lookout Smithers 6:34 pm 18 Jul 11

EandIprefix said :

vg said

And still no result, just news stories. Yay the expert.

EandIprefix EandIprefix 6:28 pm 18 Jul 11

vg said

vg vg 7:57 pm 17 Jul 11

“You do not mix in right company to expect to have these qualified people around: they are the equivalent of the “Wallabies” in their profession trained by the best who earn more than $2000 per hour. The Professor who trained my team is in demand on high profile cases. Where the “Wallabies” get trophies my teams achieve national awards in frames hanging on walls of their offices.”

Watson Watson 1:37 pm 17 Jul 11

EandIprefix said :

vg said

So what?

I watched a footy game once, doesn’t make me a Wallaby

Wow! National awards! Framed! I feel so much safer now…

Lookout Smithers Lookout Smithers 8:45 am 17 Jul 11

vg said :

EandIprefix said :

This case was the cause of change of employment: I now work with specialist crime-fighters (not working on this case).

So what?

I watched a footy game once, doesn’t make me a Wallaby

Here Here Tooks!!

Skidbladnir Skidbladnir 5:17 pm 16 Jul 11

EandIprefix said :

…I now work with specialist crime-fighters…

Bitten by radioactive bugs?
One too many experimental drugs?
Went for a stroll amongst the gamma rays?
Capes, masks, underwear on the outside, no real day jobs… That kind of thing?

On a more serious note: Not for long if you try to brag about it…

EandIprefix EandIprefix 4:11 pm 16 Jul 11